• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gerrit Cole signs with the Yankees (9 years, $324 million)

mmc

How the hell did we wind up like this?

Why weren't we able, to see the signs that we missed

And try turn the tables

I wish you'd unclench your fists, and unpack your suitcase

Lately there's been too much of this

But don't think it's too late

Nothing's wrong, just as long as

You know that someday I will

Someday, somehow

I'm gonna make it all right but not right now

I know you're wondering when

(You're the only one who knows that)

Someday, somehow

I'm gonna make it all right but not right now

I know you're wondering when

(You're the only one who knows that)

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

"Loud Noises!!!"

I wanted Cole, I also knew the Yankees would be the biggest obstacle for them given their future rotation issues.   So, I'm not one of those people shocked or all that put out by this other than Cole would have been a ridiculously amazing stroke of luck had he fallen into the Angels laps -- if you can consider having to pay a guy a top three salary "lucky".   I just know it took a lot of the pressure off the team by filling a glaring hole...

What I am annoyed with is guys like Gibson and Pineda being gone.   There is a reason I was calling for them to sign a guy early, there is a reason I made a thread about value buys...    Ryu is probably the best chance at getting a non ridiculous deal and that guy comes with all kinds of past injury issues.  Bumgarner is not someone I have a whole lot of confidence in moving forward.   Price?  Meh...  Only if they can get him for 15-17 mil a year and if that happens I would expect there to be other teams willing to take on that deal.

The Rendon talk...    I see the Angels as being third on his wish list.   Dodgers offer him a better chance to win now, they have just as much money.  The Rangers rotation makes the Angels staff look like a joke by comparison and Texas is home -- sure our offense is better, does he think the team will be?  Who knows..

All I know is that Gibson for 3/30 and Pineda for 2/20 would look really good right now -- and that is very very frustrating to me.

i called for the same thing. the idea being eliminate the scenarios where the angels get left with nothing. that's why i thought the angels should do what the phillies did. get wheeler in the fold first. modest signings, like the ones you suggested, would have been fine too if the budget didn't ever allow for wheeler and cole.

i'm not even mad about the cole thing, because i think wisdom prevailed, but now they have to make several big signings. so the all or nothing scenarios are still in play, and that's where the mistakes lie.

1 minute ago, ukyah said:

i called for the same thing. the idea being eliminate the scenarios where the angels get left with nothing. that's why i thought the angels should do what the phillies did. get wheeler in the fold first. modest signings, like the ones you suggested, would have been fine too if the budget didn't ever allow for wheeler and cole.

i'm not even mad about the cole thing, because i think wisdom prevailed, but now they have to make several big signings. so the all or nothing scenarios are still in play, and that's where the mistakes lie.

Yes, I don’t think we would be too upset right now if we had signed Wheeler and Grandal and now had to think about who the second starter would be.

12 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Seen a couple twitter and reddit threads linking the Yankees to trying to deal Happ and/or Stanton. Obviously cash clearing moves. 

One beat reporter speculated the San Diego Dads making a play for Stanton. With his injury history, we want to steer clear; right ?

Dads a new team in San Diego? 

47 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Seen a couple twitter and reddit threads linking the Yankees to trying to deal Happ and/or Stanton. Obviously cash clearing moves. 

One beat reporter speculated the San Diego Dads making a play for Stanton. With his injury history, we want to steer clear; right ?

arnold schwarzenegger commando GIF