• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gerrit Cole signs with the Yankees (9 years, $324 million)

mmc

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

Except that a lot of signs pointed toward him NOT signing with the Angels. The realist in me saw things objectively. I voted on him signing with the Yankees in the MLBTR poll and the poll Scotty put up here. I understand that being a realist is the same as being a pessimist but I choose to live life in reality and not fantasy. I get that many here prefer fantasy although it got out of hand with the Cole obsession and I stated it many times but hey, most optimists will just be really disappointed their dream didn't come true but then go on to the next fantasy and that's fine if they want to live their life that way. I need to start betting against all the fantasyland posters here. I could finally afford the medium sized jacuzzi.

Make sure you get a coupon for that jacuzzi 

19 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

This place was absolutely OBSESSED with Cole for months. This is their reaction when you tried to reason with them as to why the Angels wouldn't sign him or how he would cost too much

not interested la la la GIF

The problem isn’t so much missing out on Cole as it is the front office putting all their eggs in one basket. We look like Dipoto trading away guys to make a nicer offer to Ohtani.

Just now, Bronson said:

I hope he goes back to being an average pitcher. He gets paid either way but the Yankees will suffer and it'll be a beautiful thing.

I mean seriously, he could completely fall back to earth in the AL East pitching in Yankee stadium. That would be a tremendously awful contract if that were to happen. 

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

Ok..... Starting to feel a little better. Keep those coming...

Many here have gone over his numbers many times. I made a long post about bWAR and how all the previous FA pitchers were all better than Cole when they hit free agency. I get why you and others are upset though. Eppler has missed out on more players than just Cole and his insanely overpaid contract. The Angels needed pitching and 3 of the top FA pitchers are gone and they Angels weren't close on any of them. Then there is the whole all in quote and raising payroll thing. It's now going to be difficult for Eppler to make the Angels better than the A's and Astros but all we can do is wait and see what Eppler does indeed do or not do for that to happen.

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

The problem isn’t so much missing out on Cole as it is the front office putting all their eggs in one basket. We look like Dipoto trading away guys to make a nicer offer to Ohtani.

The problem with thinking like this is the market for starting pitching was set yesterday when Strasburg got the largest deal ever, then today that was beat by $80 fucking million.  So we either gave out the largest deal ever for a pitcher yesterday when I am pretty sure we all thought it was an overpay or do it today when we ONLY offered $50 million above the largest contract ever for a pitcher.

17 minutes ago, ukyah said:

i wonder if any of you who are losing your collective shit right now have ever heard the phrase, "fiddle while rome burns."?

i believe all of you who are going off the deep end have forgotten, it is darkest before dawn. i think a lot of good things are going to happen for the angels in the next very short while, and i think the team will be better off for it.

i don't give a shit about cole, strassburg, madbum, rendon, or any other FA individually. i do believe that if the angels use their money on numerous key acquisitions that this team will win more games than they would have with only cole. 

it's ok if you guys need to lose your shit because you had an idea in your head that you wanted, but when you're done just remember there are many very good players out there that we can get to get this team to where they need to be.

Who are you acquiring now?

6 minutes ago, wopphil said:

It wasnt that long ago Cole was an average pitcher. In 2016/2017, he combined for a 4.12 ERA and 102 ERA+. He has admittedly been amazing the last two years, but this is an incredibly risky contract.

We was only 26 yrs old in 2016  ... I believe the Cole Gerrit that signed is the real thing. 

Well, crap. Frustrating that this didn’t work in our favor. Would be interested to know what our final offer was and what swayed him to choose NY. 

Alright, Eppler, let’s see what kind of trade for an ace you can pull out of your hat without giving up Adell or Marsh.