• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gerrit Cole signs with the Yankees (9 years, $324 million)

mmc

33 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Oh I forgot about the 12 million. Effing awesome. Watch our stupid ass GM panic because his ass is firmly planted on the hot seat (his own effing doing) and pull a Tony Reagins and acquire Vernon Wells and his entire effing contract. 

The modern day version would be basically like trading Brian Goodwin for David Price....all 96 effing million. Sweet. 

Maybe just go for Chris Sale too. Surely his elbow will hold up and we can bail the red Sox out if that hole they did themselves in.

I’m pretty sure you are a week behind me with this post. And my trade proposal was Goodwin and La Stella for Price.

Just now, Second Base said:

And for the record..... I'm not mad about Cole. I'm mad about Cole AND Strasburg AND effing Wheeler. 

Suddenly 5/110 for Wheeler is a walk in the park. 

Yeah we should have done that in a heartbeat considering Madbum is gonna get around the same. 

We probably would have had to bump it up to 130-140 since he really wanted to pitch in Philly but still.

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You’re the “I told you so” guy.  

Yea fuck us for having some actual optimism.  

Except that a lot of signs pointed toward him NOT signing with the Angels. The realist in me saw things objectively. I voted on him signing with the Yankees in the MLBTR poll and the poll Scotty put up here. I understand that being a realist is the same as being a pessimist but I choose to live life in reality and not fantasy. I get that many here prefer fantasy although it got out of hand with the Cole obsession and I stated it many times but hey, most optimists will just be really disappointed their dream didn't come true but then go on to the next fantasy and that's fine if they want to live their life that way. I need to start betting against all the fantasyland posters here. I could finally afford the medium sized jacuzzi.

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Why is there some thing wrong with high risk / high reward? One team in 30 wins a World Series each year, how does that system imply that it’s wise to make ‘low risk moves?’ 

High risk signings can set you back, make you less flexible. I think Eppler has done a good job building more depth and longevity. It’s not sustainable for the Angels to make huge signings. We have a ton of holes. Improving one particular aspect really well still leaves the other gaps.