• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gerrit Cole signs with the Yankees (9 years, $324 million)

mmc

5 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

This is bullshit. All of it. Especially since Cole will be 37 at the end of the contract. 

Pujols prevented us from signing Josh Hamilton, Justin Upton, and giving Trout the largest contract in history. Oh wait, no it didn't.

Let’s just say we sign Cole, and he gets hurt. We’re right back to where we started. It’s a high risk high reward move to sign Cole. I prefer a more conservative approach, so agree to disagree. 

25 minutes ago, calscuf said:

It’s not like he’s Randy Johnson in his prime.  He’s just Gerrit Cole.

He was last year.  Whether he can continue that is questionable.... and for how long.  

Then again, Randy Johnson's prime was age 34-38... with another great year at 40. He was a freak.

6 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Lol @ all the people calling for Eppler to be fired. He's the guy who got us Ohtani and made sure Trout was an Angel for life. He's also turned our minor league system around in a matter of years.

It has to be turned into wins at some point or none of it matters. That’s what some of you don’t understand about this whole process

He fucken didn’t want to come here or he would not have taken so long to sign for him to decide who he wanted to play with. They used the Angels to get the Yankees to over pay. Last year it was the stupid Phillies, this year the stupid Yankees. I do know one thing there is no guarantee in life and anything can happen to the Yankee players and end up on the disable list, Cole could have a bad injury. I rather the Angels try and get Rendon who will play at least 150 games or so if everything goes well and helps the Angels win more games then Cole who only pitches about 30 games or so. They dodged a bad contract and can now sign other players and trade for a pitcher as well. If the Appler doesn’t get Rendon and any pitchers that are left and worth signing will be kissing his job goodbye. Moreno has talked crap about going all in and lied. I just Hope thing work out from here on out, as I don’t want to see the Angels get anymore stupid peanuts and almost last place.

Oh I forgot about the 12 million. Effing awesome. Watch our stupid ass GM panic because his ass is firmly planted on the hot seat (his own effing doing) and pull a Tony Reagins and acquire Vernon Wells and his entire effing contract. 

The modern day version would be basically like trading Brian Goodwin for David Price....all 96 effing million. Sweet. 

Maybe just go for Chris Sale too. Surely his elbow will hold up and we can bail the red Sox out if that hole they did themselves in.