• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gerrit Cole signs with the Yankees (9 years, $324 million)

mmc

3 minutes ago, Bronson said:

I get that. we just have to hope Ohtani can become an ace and Canning develops.

I talked to a scout for the Indians while in line at Disneyland for about a half hour. He’s really high on Heaney, Canning, and Ohtani. Indians know pitching. Attack the strike zone, high heat, off speed down in the zone. I think we have 3 really good pitchers. It’s a good start

3 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

It has to be turned into wins at some point or none of it matters. That’s what some of you don’t understand about this whole process

I agree with this completely.  Still don’t think he deserves to be fired.  You can’t really outbid the Yankees.  We have no idea what All In means for Arte.  But fuck getting this pissed off at Eppler or even Arte after they offered the highest contract ever for a pitcher by damn near $50 million.  Some times you get beat.

23 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

He clearly did not want to come here and was all about the money. All that talk and reports about wanting to live close to home was pure BS. He is a greedy SOB like many of them are. Boras is his agent for a reason.

The Yankees are a pretty good team. 

Yeah, this is how I expected it to go. Yankees are a more complete team who feel they are one piece away to winning it all, so them putting all their eggs in the Cole basket makes sense. Angels have several huge areas of need, and using up all their money on Cole and then filling the rest with dumpster diving options wasn't gonna make this team good enough

Still, so much talk from the Halos all offseason and they go 0 for 3 on Stras, Wheeler, and Cole

3 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I would have offered Cole 8 years/340 million.

Unless Cole wanted to be a Yankee all along, that would have been an "offer he couldn't refuse" that we could probably have afforded.

Oh well, the off-season isn't over yet.

If we had made that offer the Yankees would have raised it again. They recognized how unique this opportunity is and would not have been out-bid. They have the resources to do whatever they want. Even all-in has it's limits to all other teams.

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

You also stated over and over that the Angels would sign Cole. I agree though that Adell likely isn't going anywhere only because he won't cost 324 million.

Correct I did say we would sign him.  I was wrong.  Feel like trolling some more or you good?

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Oh I forgot about the 12 million. Effing awesome. Watch our stupid ass GM panic because his ass is firmly planted on the hot seat (his own effing doing) and pull a Tony Reagins and acquire Vernon Wells and his entire effing contract. 

The modern day version would be basically like trading Brian Goodwin for David Price....all 96 effing million. Sweet. 

Maybe just go for Chris Sale too. Surely his elbow will hold up and we can bail the red Sox out if that hole they did themselves in.

Just now, Second Base said:

They won't trade Adell, but at this point you can probably kiss Brandon Marsh and or Jordyn Adams bye bye.

Effing Eppler.

Most here know I don't put Eppler on a pedestal like many others but I am willing to see what he does to improve the team in his make or break year before freaking out. I am glad he didn't overpay big time for Cole. The Yankees can afford to do a crazy deal like that because they are way closer to a World Series. They don't really care about 4 or 5 years down the road. They didn't win a championship for the whole decade. That's never happened before. They are going to do what it takes to win.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I agree with this completely.  Still don’t think he deserves to be fired.  You can’t really outbid the Yankees.  We have no idea what All In means for Arte.  But fuck getting this pissed off at Eppler or even Arte after they offered the highest contract ever for a pitcher by damn near $50 million.  Some times you get beat.

1) Then Arte shouldn’t say he’s all in.

2) How can the Yankees outbid us when their whole team and rotation is better than ours, their team is best in the AL, and we need an ace more than any team in baseball?

Just now, Stradling said:

Yes, you’re right, you do get beat sometimes. That’s how it goes.

howvever, the angels are getting “beat” in these scenarios far too many times in the Mike Trout prime window.

that is the issue many of us have

you can’t keep getting beaten over and over year after year and keep throwing your hands up and saying “it is what it is”. At a certain point it starts to look like they’re not serious about the W/L column

having Trout and Ohtani is WHY you have to win some of these bids!

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It doesn’t solely suck on getting beat out on the Cole sweepstakes. It sucks ghat we struck out with Wheeler, and Strasburg. We also made a stupid deal by giving up our 1st round draft pick to get rid of a bad contract. It’s been an awful offseason. I wonder what Trout is thinking. I’m all for being positive but man of man. 

1 minute ago, Sean-Regan said:

1) Then Arte shouldn’t say he’s all in.

2) How can the Yankees outbid us when their whole team and rotation is better than ours, their team is best in the AL, and we need an ace more than any team in baseball?

They have the most money in the sport.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Correct I did say we would sign him.  I was wrong.  Feel like trolling some more or you good?

You ready to start being objective and not a super fan putting down anyone else that disagrees with your almighty Angels despite showing fact after fact that they are not a very well run organization and they haven't won a playoff game in 10 years?

Just now, beatlesrule said:

You ready to start being objective and not a super fan putting down anyone else that disagrees with your almighty Angels despite showing fact after fact that they are not a very well run organization and they haven't won a playoff game in 10 years?

No, I still think you are a moron most of the time.