• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gerrit Cole signs with the Yankees (9 years, $324 million)

mmc

2 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

You’re happy losing. 

Yes, because there are absolutely no other free agent pitchers on the market better than the majority of our 2019 pitching staff, none at all, anywhere, not a single one better than Cahill......

Dammit.  Really thought we’d finally get an ace this offseason.  But that price is insane.  Not my mom er, but that’s a pretty paralyzing contract.  Hurts even more because we’ve been a supposed destination in the media for such a long time that it was almost expected.

shit

The Angels went into the offseason needing an ace pitcher. They knew this and knew it was going to cost a fortune and still lost out on both of them. It doesn’t surprise me though. The Angels haven’t been relevant in over a decade. And a lot of it has been mismanagement from the front office. We shouldn’t have been in this position of desperation in the first place. 

Just now, ADHB said:

Lol at “Eppler was outbid” as if he was the one who decided how much to offer.

This sucks, especially since it seemed like we were waiting for an opportunity like this for the last 2 years. But despite Arte claiming he’s “all in” clearly he isn’t if they’re trading away salary looking for money to spend. So if the budget has its limits, we are much better off getting multiple pieces instead of just one guy.

This is it. If you’re already offering that much, how do you come up short to a team with better pitching and a better overall team? We had the need and offered less. Incomprehensible. 

Newsflash: 99% of players are all about the money. It’s very rare you find a guy who actually takes less to play somewhere 

Let’s all remember this and not get sucked into the “he’s coming home no matter what since he wants to be here” BS.

it was always going to be about who offered him the fattest contract

Just now, John Taylor said:

Yes, because there are absolutely no other free agent pitchers on the market better than the majority of our 2019 pitching staff, none at all, anywhere, not a single one better than Cahill......

Yeah hopefully we can go from one of the bottom 5 staffs in baseball to one of the bottom 10.

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Seriously, I'm so effing pissed. We need starting pitching and both Cole and Strasburg are gone.

Way to f-ing go Eppler. Enjoy the unemployment line next winter.

Ok ok ok..... Harsh. Let's see what he does. But right now, I'm really effing skeptical he can turn this shitshow around.

Arte...it's his money, not Eppler's...do they offer 10 years?

Again, guy, its kind of like the grienke thing....

We can be pissed we didnt get him, but if we matched this offer, whos to say NYY doesnt increase it.

Like i said, sadly, I had a bad feeling all along he was sort of playing us to drive up his yankee price. The dodgers seemed like the only other competition, because they could pay him, and hed be "home", on a winning team

This idea that we are going to come out of this  with 3 good players (and one great one)now is also weird.

wait and see obviously. But the odds of them landing Rendon, Ryu, and someone else is really low. Lower than signing Cole was in the first place. Especially since the Dodgers are going to be desperately pursuing upgrades now too

we needed an ace pitcher more than anything and are now going to be offering 7/240 million to Rendon probably. Don’t get me wrong, great player, but you are still so far short in the pitching department