1. keep the 3 divisions per league, 5 teams per division.
2. teams play 60 games in division, five 3 game series against each other opponent, 2 home, 3 away-or vice versa, and 15 games out of division.
3. since there are 5 teams per division, they obv can't play all games within the division without weird days off.
4. so, each team plays a 3 game series against the other league's same division (al west plays nl west etc.).
5. each league gets 6 playoff teams, 3 division winners and 3 wildcards.
6. top 2 division winners in each league get a bye and the other 4 te