• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gerrit Cole signs with the Yankees (9 years, $324 million)

mmc

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I told you guys not to get all wrapped up in Cole coming to the Angels. Sabathia retiring left a big hole in the rotation and surplus money to spend. The writing was on the wall all along.

I am okay with the Angels not committing the years and dollars Cole wanted. Sure, they still need another top of the rotation arm but that guy can be second tier and still help guide the Angels to the playoffs. 

I truly believe the Angels are in a better place without another contract of that caliber for the long term health of the club. But you guys are more than welcome to disagree. 

This place was absolutely OBSESSED with Cole for months. This is their reaction when you tried to reason with them as to why the Angels wouldn't sign him or how he would cost too much

not interested la la la GIF

Just now, Second Base said:

If Ohtani and Canning both hit their ceiling, the Angels will still be a Gerrit effing Cole away from having three rotation they need to win.

Ohtani is coming off tj and is on a innings limit 100%

324 to Cole is insane along with the 400+ to Trout. 

spread the money around. We have A LOT of needs 

34 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

This is bullshit. All of it. Especially since Cole will be 37 at the end of the contract. 

Pujols prevented us from signing Josh Hamilton, Justin Upton, and giving Trout the largest contract in history. Oh wait, no it didn't.

I don’t know how to embed a tweet, but Jayson Stark made an interesting tweet:

Free agents who got 9+ years & changed teams, last 20 years: Harper (13-$330M) Machado (10-$300M) A-Rod (10-$252M) Pujols (10-$240M) Cano (10-$240M) Prince (9-$214M) And now Gerrit Cole (9-$324M) How many of those deals would their teams sign if they had it to do over?

3 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

This place was absolutely OBSESSED with Cole for months. This is their reaction when you tried to reason with them as to why the Angels wouldn't sign him or how he would cost too much

not interested la la la GIF

You’re the “I told you so” guy.  

Yea fuck us for having some actual optimism.  

6 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

I don’t want to improve. I want to win it all. There is no path that gets us there. 

Bullshit. They have a lot of money to spend, some potential trade chips, and plenty of room to improve from within.  

Gerrit Cole alone wasn't going to get the Angels to the World Series.  Even Gerrit Cole and Stephen Strasburg probably wouldn't.  They'd need improvements from within. 

What if 2019 was Cole's peak year?  It's very possible.

41 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Shit......Cole, Strasburg and Wheeler off the board. 

Eppler, your ass needs to be fired..... Maybe.....f-ing fix this you stupid ass GM. it's your job.

What if Moreno said $300m was his max?  Is it still Eppler's fault?

Just now, ScottT said:

Bullshit. They have a lot of money to spend, some potential trade chips, and plenty of room to improve from within.  

Gerrit Cole alone wasn't going to get the Angels to the World Series.  Even Gerrit Cole and Stephen Strasburg probably wouldn't.  They'd need improvements from within. 

What if 2019 was Cole's peak year?  It's very possible.

Who is your magical ace we can acquire. I see none this year or in free agency after next season. Our only pitcher to profile as one is Ohtani and he’ll be innings limited. We have no path. 

i wonder if any of you who are losing your collective shit right now have ever heard the phrase, "fiddle while rome burns."?

i believe all of you who are going off the deep end have forgotten, it is darkest before dawn. i think a lot of good things are going to happen for the angels in the next very short while, and i think the team will be better off for it.

i don't give a shit about cole, strassburg, madbum, rendon, or any other FA individually. i do believe that if the angels use their money on numerous key acquisitions that this team will win more games than they would have with only cole. 

it's ok if you guys need to lose your shit because you had an idea in your head that you wanted, but when you're done just remember there are many very good players out there that we can get to get this team to where they need to be.

34 minutes ago, Hufflepuff said:

Let’s just say we sign Cole, and he gets hurt. We’re right back to where we started. It’s a high risk high reward move to sign Cole. I prefer a more conservative approach, so agree to disagree. 

Why is there some thing wrong with high risk / high reward? One team in 30 wins a World Series each year, how does that system imply that it’s wise to make ‘low risk moves?’