• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gerrit Cole signs with the Yankees (9 years, $324 million)

mmc

I’m definitely ok with the fact that the Angels didn’t end up with Cole given what he got in terms of years and dollars. Even when someone goes all in they only have so many chips. That Wheeler deal does look a lot better now and I said before I wish the Angels made a first move for a lesser pitcher and weren’t waiting for Cole.  Curious to see how the rest of the off season plays out for the Angels. I’d be pretty happy with Rendon, Ryu and another trade for a lesser pitcher but the Angels obviously have competition in the FA market. 

Holy crap the doom and gloom around here is insane.

The way people are reacting to not signing Cole, 99 losses have already been tacked on to our 2020 season. There are still options out there to make our team better, not to mention we get Ohtani back. Also the Cheaters Astros will be worse off next season without Cole and their sign stealing.

gn_F2Q.gif

Now if Eppler goes and signs a bunch of Cahill, Harvey types and gives us the ol "Our pitching staff will be competitive" then I'll join into the doom and gloom party.

forrest gump remembrance GIF

I have to remember this one: You keep hearing about this guy comes from SoCal and wants to play for the Angels like Moussakas (sp.?) but then they sign elsewhere for the highest buck. It makes you think if Cole ever wanted to come to the Angels. He could have taken a little less money if that were the case. I'm not angry with the Yanks because they have more money. I'm just frustrated when you hear these rumors that the player wants to play for us then he goes somewhere else for some more money.

1 minute ago, Torridd said:

I have to remember this one: You keep hearing about this guy comes from SoCal and wants to play for the Angels like Moussakas (sp.?) but then they sign elsewhere for the highest buck. It makes you think if Cole ever wanted to come to the Angels. He could have taken a little less money if that were the case. I'm not angry with the Yanks because they have more money. I'm just frustrated when you hear these rumors that the player wants to play for us then he goes somewhere else for some more money.

Would have been a  cool story 

but he performed well in Pittsburgh and Houston. 

boras is also his agent 

1 hour ago, junkorama said:

lol, it's like everybody here is @Angel Oracle now.

Self bans for everyone!

Happy Opposites Day!

Surprisingly, I’m not feeling in a venting mood.   Disappointed, but that is a huge chunk of dough for a pitcher.

Can’t really pin it on the Nats anymore, as it is $79 million more than Strasburg got.

F’n Skanks

2 minutes ago, Kenny said:

They paid him that much so the Angels wouldn’t get him.  I truly believe that the Yankees didn’t pay for a pitcher, but paid so other teams didn’t get a good pitcher.

Their fan base would want Cashman’s head on a stick. 

the Angels are better off with spreading around the money Bc we have a lot of needs. We’re not close to the Yankees when it comes to contending at the moment. 

9 hours ago, Taylor said:

Gerrit Cole is a douchebag. He proved it by throwing on the Boras hat as soon as the WS ended. 

I was willing to accept his douchebaggery had he joined the Angels, but now he'll be fun to hate. 

Yep

Lol @ you freaking imbeciles.

You spent months telling yourself every single day how Gerrit Cole was going to sign with the angels. Yet no one ever saw this sign?

If Angelswin were running intelligence for the Allies in World War II, we'd all be speaking German right now.

a5dcfee2000ea92574cef8a76602a732.jpg

Edited by yk9001

9 hours ago, TroutField said:

I’ve been a huge Eppler fan but my fucking god how do you whifff this fucking hard on every free agent? 

it feels like we just got eliminated from the playoffs and it isn’t even Christmas. Even Rendon and Ryu DONT make this a good enough team to make a run at a World Series. 

Now it’s time to blow the minor league system on a bad trade. Right on que 

He didnt whiff on Ohtani.

1 hour ago, Torridd said:

Boras gossip, the guy knows who the players are well ahead of time and plays them.