• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gerrit Cole signs with the Yankees (9 years, $324 million)

mmc

2 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Sounds like we never had a chance.

I dont think we did as soon as they entered the process.  We were never going to outbid them and they have a winning culture that we do not.  The only way we win is to go way pover the top, something im glad they did not do in this case. 
If nothing else we ran up the Yanks, small victories 🙂  

2 hours ago, WeaverFever said:

I actually don’t know how these contracts are sustainable. It’s amazing to look at the salaries of the likes of Mantle, Maris or Aaron. People aren’t watching baseball or any sport like they used too. Yet, salaries keep going skyward. 

Live rights. It’s all live rights. 

2 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Would Trout want to do that? He strikes me as the kind of guy that would rather be left alone than whored out around town trying to woo free agents 

I don't see him doing that but it's hard to believe that he isn't disappointed in the off season so far.  

3 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Lmao. Embarrassing. Imagine saying you’re all in, pulling your  dick out thinking it can measure up to the Yankees and you don’t even hit 300 mil and you include deferrals. 

meanwhile the Yankees have no deferrals, just swinging their big dick everywhere. 

Just floppin' it on the table Kelvim Escobar style.

2 hours ago, ettin said:

One thing I will say is that the Angels maybe need to go beyond their valuation model in cases of high-end talent and if they are aware that other large payroll teams are involved in the bidding. Those are the moments where a free agent pricing modeling software will give you a number and you have to decide how much higher you really go because of the target and the competition. I think it is this judgement call of breaking the model interferes with the Angels success in capturing the best free agents (Teixeira, Sabathia, Cole). It was a substantial offer but they lost the game of chicken by a mile.

If you think about it, when we got Vlad he was below market because teams were worried about his back. When we signed Pujols the Marlins actually offered more money.

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

All things considered, if I was him, I would have chosen the Dodgers. He’s still that 11 year old Yankee fan.  You guys would just never accept that.

Interesting that he's said that he was both a Halos fan and a Skanks fan, growing up, in separate interviews.   Nice two faced answers   

Biggest Loser: Los Angeles Angels

5 OF 6

Shohei Ohtani
Shohei OhtaniCarlos Osorio/Associated Press

It's a tough time to be a Los Angeles Angels fan.

This was the offseason they were finally going to bolster the roster enough to build a contender around superstar Mike Trout. This was the winter they were finally going to address the longstanding need for starting pitching help.

Now what?

(from bleacher report)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2866470-winners-and-losers-of-gerrit-coles-signing-with-the-new-york-yankees#slide5

4 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Biggest Loser: Los Angeles Angels

5 OF 6

Shohei Ohtani
Shohei OhtaniCarlos Osorio/Associated Press

It's a tough time to be a Los Angeles Angels fan.

This was the offseason they were finally going to bolster the roster enough to build a contender around superstar Mike Trout. This was the winter they were finally going to address the longstanding need for starting pitching help.

Now what?

(from bleacher report)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2866470-winners-and-losers-of-gerrit-coles-signing-with-the-new-york-yankees#slide5

They're not wrong.