• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tyler Skaggs, R.I.P.

10 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Some dickhead called in to 830 and said basically "these guys have been mediocre the last few years, hopefully this wakes them up."

Hope it wasnt anyone on here

Nah. Definitely a regular from the team's Facebook account, though.

11 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Some dickhead called in to 830 and said basically "these guys have been mediocre the last few years, hopefully this wakes them up."

Hope it wasnt anyone on here

Some people need to realize this is way more than just about the game. Weather the player is an MVP or just a rookie, it’s a family member that was lost. Shame on that guy for those comments. 

It’s hard to explain in words but I assume everyone on here feels like a family member was lost today. As much as we bag on our team, we do it out of love like we’re talking to our younger siblings. I’ve had tears in my eyes since the news broke. Some people might say “he’s not your family” or “you never knew him personally”, but in a way I did. We all did. Die hard Angels fans consider these players their family. We look up to them as kids and feel their emotions every night on the field. We lost a brother today. Things won’t feel the same for quite some time. At this point, baseball doesn’t matter. Tomorrow’s game doesn’t matter nor does fighting for the wild card. What matters right now is remembering Tyler for the person he was. This is way bigger than the game. We’ll miss you Tyler Skaggs. 

I remember very vividly the first game at The Big A right after the passing of Nick Adenhart.  The memorial on the scoreboard was an absolute tear jerker.  Not a dry eye in the stadium.  When Weaver came out and touched the 34 on the center field wall, no one said a word.  The emotions of the moments were unreal.

Im expecting our first home game back from the road trip to be deja vu.  A flooding of raw emotions from everybody there.  

Hopefully some of us can meet up and share some good Tyler Skaggs stories over a beer or whatever drink you enjoy.

Words fail me right now. I watched MLB Network for almost two hours, listening in disbelief as condolences came in from the Commissioner's Office and individual players and organizations all over baseball. I thought that the Texas Rangers front office handled things with incredible sensitivity and class. Jon Daniels said that he "thought like a dad, not a GM" when the decision was made not to play tonight.

Going to a game soon with my 5 year old daughter. I imagine there will be a memorial under the hats similar to Adenhart. Not sure how I'm going to explain to her why there are flowers as we enter the park. I know she is going to ask questions.

Maybe I'll just start with "It's not a good idea to associate yourself with people from Oakland."