• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tyler Skaggs, R.I.P.

I was really hoping I would wake up and it would all be a dream.RIP Tyler. It was an honor to have you with the Halos, and you represented this organization well. He was about to turn that corner and turn into a dominant TORP.

This feels like a gut punch. Like many have said, baseball is so meaningless at this point. Yesterday I was obsessing over the wild card hunt and overanalyzing the 7 games until the break. Now the playoffs don’t feel important 

17 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Let me also add (after my last few comments) that if they arent releasing cause of death yet (today) and more they simply plan on releasing more of the story later (and do an autopsy), then it could be a million things. Young people can still die from the flu, for example.

...or an undiagnosed congenital heart condition. 

As you said, it could be anything. We will know the cause in due time.

6 minutes ago, Tank said:

Autopsy scheduled for today. Anyone know how long it takes to get results?

It actually depends Tank.  Autopsy results could be available quite soon for obvious death.  Toxicology results could take weeks.  So usually if drug use is suspected (and I am NOT AT ALL insinuating it was) the results of the autopsy may not be released to the public until they come back.  That's usually the case in that kind of matter

3 hours ago, yk9001 said:

A nondescript player from one of the most iconic nondescript franchises in the major leagues died under, let's charitably call it, questionable circumstances. We know he did not die  saving  orphans from a fire . Save the butthurt for another day.

To "put it charitably" would have to say nothing at all, rather than to imply there was something tawdry in the manner of his passing, mocking someone who's upset about the way a sports network covered the story, and, diminishing the accomplishments of someone who just died, the team he played for, and the teammates he played with.

There wasn't a molecule of "charity" in your response.  

7 minutes ago, DCAngelsFan said:

To "put it charitably" would have to say nothing at all, rather than to imply there was something tawdry in the manner of his passing, mocking someone who's upset about the way a sports network covered the story, and, diminishing the accomplishments of someone who just died, the team he played for, and the teammates he played with.

There wasn't a molecule of "charity" in your response.  

All duly noted.

16 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The Rangers should be not-dicks and let the Angels win.

It’s really gotta be hard for both teams to play. I cannot imagine what they all are going through. I do have to give props to the Rangers for how supportive they’ve been. It can be “expected” for them to be sympathetic, but seeing Woodward and Daniels yesterday during the press conference, they were pretty shook up as well.