• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tyler Skaggs, R.I.P.

14 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

No, but knowing helps with closure, and possibly preventing something like this happening again to someone else.

You don't always have to see things from the negative side.

I’m not looking at it negatively other than we don’t need to know this stuff.   What right do we have?   

1 hour ago, #WeNasty said:

I’m not looking at it negatively other than we don’t need to know this stuff.   What right do we have?   

He's a public figure, therefore the public has a right to know. It was the same with Jose Fernandez, Yordano Ventura, Luis Valbuena.

Why do you think this should be different?

13 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

He's a public figure, therefore the public has a right to know. It was the same with Jose Fernandez, Yordano Ventura, Luis Valbuena.

Why do you think this should be different?

My point is this, I don’t believe the public has the right to know the cause of death, I think that us believing we have the right to know how someone in the public eye dies is simply wrong.  Just because the person is a baseball player or a famous actor or musician, doesn’t give us the right to know how they died.  So as it relates to those other guys, you will never see me in threads about those things clamoring for the truth or the cause of death.  I can’t imagine something more private than the way one passes away.  Now obviously we are all curious, but that is human nature.  If someone says so and so died, our natural reaction would be to ask how.  

7 hours ago, #WeNasty said:

Am I the only one that thinks this is an invasion of privacy?  Why would the cause of death of anyone have to be public record if no foul play was suspected?  I get that people are interested, but why should we be privy to this information?  The cause of death won’t make any of this better.  

I think it's about closure. Even though we aren't family we have a strong connection with Tyler and have a desire to know that mirrors his family's. 

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

If you want to argue that we shouldn't know what happened, going back and reading the Jose Fernandez thread is the best argument.

That thread was a complete cluster fvck.

I remember a certain poster commenting something to the effect that it was a shame that a patriot like Fernandez was killed while someone like Kaepernick is free to disrespect the flag on a national stage.

Good times.