• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tyler Skaggs, R.I.P.

41 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Mel from Diamond Bar! I forgot about that guy. There was also Jeff from Whittier. 

37 minutes ago, calscuf said:

It was Dick from Whittier, if I’m not mistaken.

And I thought it was Mel from Fullerton 

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I remember washing my truck just after adenhart died. Maybe a week after.

Listening to the after show on the radio, back when Terry Smith would do it. Some guy called in and said it was sad, but that the Angels need to move past it, they cant play shitty going forward. "No excuses". Basically what the idiot who called in today said.

Terry absolutely destroyed the guy. You could tell it hit home with him. Hung up on him with a "how dare you", then raged for another few minutes. Talked about how no one has any idea what its like in the clubhouse after something like that.  

I think that with how long skaggs was here, and how popular he was with his teammates, the team funk will last a lot longer. And everyone should remember that when they start playing again.

I like Terry. Some say he's boring (which he may be at times). However, the guy represents the Angels' organization with absolute class day in and day out.

He has been one of the constants of this franchise over the past 20 years and I've grown to really appreciate him

3 hours ago, Ray McKigney said:

On Sportscenter, they had it third behind Venus losing at Wimbledon and NBA free agency news. 

I couldn't believe how insulting that was. If he'd been the long man out of the bullpen for the Yankees, or Red Sox, they would have spent the entire opening segment on him, and a long follow up later in the show.

2 hours ago, gurn67 said:

I couldn't believe how insulting that was. If he'd been the long man out of the bullpen for the Yankees, or Red Sox, they would have spent the entire opening segment on him, and a long follow up later in the show.

A nondescript player from one of the most iconic nondescript franchises in the major leagues died under, let's charitably call it, questionable circumstances. We know he did not die  saving  orphans from a fire . Save the butthurt for another day.

When I came home from work, my wife told me one of the pitchers died. And she's not a baseball fan so I thought of Adenhart and maybe an old story. But then she mentioned the Angels were playing the Rangers and I knew something was up.  Earlier in the morning, they told us someone from my job died suddenly on Friday when I just saw her on Wednesday and then this happens. My prayers go out to his family and friends and the organization, but I selfishly focused on myself at the beginning. Yet another storm  to weather and God will bring us out of this too.

I was starting dinner (I live in EST) and scrolling twitter to look for NBA news. Came across Mike DiGiovanna’s tweet and read Tyler Skaggs had died. I read it several times in disbelief and thought it was a trolling account. I saw the account was verified, sadly. Then other tweets rolled in. I feel badly cause I was down on Skaggs after his last performance, weak balk call aside. Just a loss for words to describe this tragedy.  

12 minutes ago, bruin5 said:

Yeah, he’s the guy who lived and may still live with his mother and had no job.  That’s how he was calling in to multiple shows a day. 

When sports talk first started in LA in the late 80s, there wasn't a show you couldn't hear him on.