• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tyler Skaggs, R.I.P.

14 minutes ago, Fish Oil said:

I hadn't heard about this until I logged on here. I've been staring at my diner for half an hour now. I'm stunned.

What diner are you at?? 

I know you meant dinner but couldn't resist throwing in a little bit of humor. Still in shock here.

I remember when Adenhart died I was in such shock that I just started thinking about the rotation and who was going to replace him because I just treated it like he went on the DL and I was in huge denial. I'm older now and am not going to react like that. Still doesn't seem real though.

9 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I don’t know what the deal with that “paper” is but in response to the Angels denial on the coke they now claim it’s opioids.  

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Not to mention theyre stating speculation as fact. Who says Skaggs had gotten even 1 prescription? Nobody.

Except these guys.

That article is a joke. The writer just replaced the paragraph about coke with one about opioids, comparing Skaggs to Tom Petty. Talk about a hack writer.

1 minute ago, calscuf said:

If I took you up on your offer originally I imagine you would have expected to pay around $20 to purchase the hat yourself.  I offer to use a hat I have and split the cost of a replacement (approx. $40 total, or $20 each) and that is too much?

Sigh.

Well, I don’t want to look like a cheap jerk so I guess I’m in for $20.

This one hurt me. A few of those pics of him posted in this thread were really hard to look at. It’s just hard to process. 

Credit to a lot of people here on AW. More than a few people on here can be quite articulate and helpful during times like these. 

My thoughts are absolutely with his family and friends right now. I can’t even imagine. RIP Tyler 

18 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So who is going to the game on the 12th?  By the way Tyler's birthday is July 13th, the Saturday after the All Star Break.  

I want to go but instead I’ll be at my grandfather’s celebration of life and spreading his ashes the next morning.  Gonna be a rough couple days.

Just now, ten ocho recon scout said:

I know some here arent fans, so maybe ill look like a weirdo stating this. But it feels "odd" to go through this without Sosh.

Say what you want about his lineups, matchups, whatever. But he was the one constant on this team for 20 years. He was an absolute rock with the Adenhart tragedy. Kind of wish he was around today as we go through this.

I couldn't agree more.  Going through this with someone familiar would be nice.