• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tyler Skaggs, R.I.P.

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Or maybe just don't do it and you don't have to make excuses. 

A player died, he was our player. Enough said. 

This is not the time to argue, so ill let you have the moment, but you are wrong with all possible respect.   It is not your place to tell another how to grieve.   Ill step away till this subsides.

22 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Guys, it's too soon for stupid jokes. 

I would totally agree, if they are related to Tyler.     Otherwise, humor about other things might help some in going through this. 

That said, there aren't any concrete ways to cope with this.   We all cope in different ways.   I, like all of us on here, will need some time to work through this. 

if it's in poor taste, I'm getting rid of it.  If people start arguing over it in this thread, I'm getting rid of it.  

I would suggest not making jokes.  If that's your process then so be it.  

This thread is for people to offer their respects.  If there is some humor or levity involved that is fine to a point.  

Been thinking about this a lot today.  Man, I’m gonna miss that looping curve ball.  I really did enjoy watching him pitch.  When he was right and dialing it up in the mid 90’s. Just cool as hell.  It’s weird how attached you can get to these guys.  I guess with all the ups and downs they sort of just become a part of your life in a way.  It’s really easy to find yourself invested in their success.  To care.  He seemed like a great dude.  I have no doubt that he was.  I guess I’m just really glad he was with the Angels for as long as he was.  I’m sorry that this is the way it had to wrap up.  I hope his family can find peace in time.  

I’ll try to just hang onto that curve ball.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

There aren't many ballplayers that have the talent and intangibles to make a GM trade for him not once, but TWICE.  And yet Jerry Dipoto did.  And whatever else you might think about Dipoto, we at least have him to thank for bringing Skaggs to Anaheim.

Tyler Skaggs wasn't an ace by traditional measures, but he was our ace... a leader who always wanted the ball, who hated it when his manager took the ball away.  A hometown boy.  I always had more confidence in the team when I saw #45 on the mound.  RIP to an Angel hero.

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Been thinking about this a lot today.  Man, I’m gonna miss that looping curve ball.  I really did enjoy watching him pitch.  When he was right and dialing it up in the mid 90’s. Just cool as hell.  It’s weird how attached you can get to these guys.  I guess with all the ups and downs they sort of just become a part of your life in a way.  It’s really easy to find yourself invested in their success.  To care.  He seemed like a great dude.  I have no doubt that he was.  I guess I’m just really glad he was with the Angels for as long as he was.  I’m sorry that this is the way it had to wrap up.  I hope his family can find peace in time.  

11 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

15 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

You kinda nailed my thoughts there man. You do tend to get invested in the success of guys you like or just enjoy watching. Skaggs was one of those guys for me certainly. Always thought he could be a prime-era Barry Zito if things went his way. It’s truly sad for all of us, but worse for his family and teammates still. I’ll miss him.