• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tyler Skaggs, R.I.P.

39 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I can think of 4 Angels in the last 10 years... which is really crazy on it's own... but have there even been 4 other players pass away in that span?

We also lost Rory Markus several years ago and the PA announcer , whose name escapes me.

3 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

That was number 2 of the 2 possibilities....

But lets wait and see what the offical release says first 

there isn't a 3?  like a freak accident?  slipping on a wet floor and falling through a glass shower door or something?

Just now, Vladdylonglegs said:

If it was a drug overdose how could they say it wasn’t a suicide before an autopsy? An autopsy is the only thing that can say whether it was accidental or intentional. 

Either way this is sickening. Prayers to his wife and parents. I can’t imagine losing a child now that I’m a daddy. 

Daddylonglegs

Wait....

This is so awful for every one of his team mates & coaches. They just traveled yesterday, and now he's gone. Many of them just going about their day already at the ballpark not knowing what had happened at the hotel. I was thinking how Mike Trout must be wondering "what the hell is going on?" Last August, his brother in law, and now one of his best friends? Horrible news.

6 minutes ago, Biergott said:

there isn't a 3?  like a freak accident?  slipping on a wet floor and falling through a glass shower door or something?

Yes. Absolutely. And didnt mean to suggest otherwise (though I guess I did). Its just that in my experience, the two most common...

And if that were the case, there would be an autopsy.

Until you could prove someone wasnt pushed through the glass, you wouldnt say "no foul play".

8 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

If it was a drug overdose how could they say it wasn’t a suicide before an autopsy? An autopsy is the only thing that can say whether it was accidental or intentional. 

An autopsy wont show that. The autopsy will just show cause of death, not whether an OD (in that situation, we dont know anything yet) was intentional or not.

44 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Let's go with the areas of expertise on this board.

Cop stuff - recon

Selfies - Chuck

Bad french fries - strad

Calpers scam - me

Rubbing one out - tdawg

A hatred, and love, of all things white people - Lou

This, and more humor, is needed at a time like this.

2 minutes ago, The_Outrunner said:

Would that be a toxicology test? 

No. Its all related. But the tests (all included in an autopsy) only show what made your heart stop beating. Almost like a diagnostic. 

If a person intentionally caused their death by taking drugs, the only way you would know would be because they told someone before hand, or something that really stuck out. Like taking an entire bottle of meds. 

An accidental overdose looks the same as an intentional one in an autopsy.

Not to get too brutal, but accidentally shooting yourself cleaning a gun looks like a suicide gunshot. Jumping off a tall building and falling off one look the same, etc.

An autopsy more or less will show drugs in the system. Poison. A previously unknown disease, etc 

22 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

No. Its all related. But the tests (all included in an autopsy) only show what made your heart stop beating. Almost like a diagnostic. 

If a person intentionally caused their death by taking drugs, the only way you would know would be because they told someone before hand, or something that really stuck out. Like taking an entire bottle of meds. 

An accidental overdose looks the same as an intentional one in an autopsy.

Not to get too brutal, but accidentally shooting yourself cleaning a gun looks like a suicide gunshot. Jumping off a tall building and falling off one look the same, etc.

An autopsy more or less will show drugs in the system. Poison. A previously unknown disease, etc 

Same with a heart attack. The bruising around the chest is just that until toxicology and the autopsy results comes back. due to previous un-diagnosed heart issue, drugs in blood etc. Brother-in-law suffered a Massive while on vacation later it came out he was addicted to opiates with a history of anabolics long term breakdown of organs. but hadn't used at the time or previously at the time as he was recovering from knee surgery. He had not refilled his prescription... Former College Football player and Body builder... 

Oh, man, I just browsed over here as work ended to read this - those headlines bounced off of my eyes - they made no sense - "Tyler Skaggs, R.I.P.?"  What does that mean?  

Finally, it sinks it - another Angel, taken shockingly, unfairly too soon.  The horrible feeling in my gut is all-too-familiar - Bostock, Adenhart,  and now Skaggs.   

Each of these losses hit me hard, and I can't say why - I didn't personally "know" any of them - yet I felt scarred by each of their losses.   Guys who'd achieved the dreams we all shared - taken, tragically, cruelly, unfairly, in the primes of their lives.  

My heartfelt condolences to his friends, family, and loved ones.   My loss isn't a drop in the ocean compared to them.  

Maybe if I refresh the screen, one more time, it won't have happened ... :(