• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tyler Skaggs, R.I.P.

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

No. F this. Why is it real? Watching MLB network still. Tom went through all the deaths the Angels have had to endure throughout their history. So tragic. F all this.

I can think of 4 Angels in the last 10 years... which is really crazy on it's own... but have there even been 4 other players pass away in that span?

35 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

The Cardinals also had a key starting pitcher, Darryl Kile, tragically pass away in his room during the 2002 season.    I remember being shocked with that, because like with Nick Adenhart's tragic passing, all MLB players and support staff are a part of us. 

R.I.P. Tyler, worst part obviously is his life being taken from him so young, and on top of that he was starting to try to emerge again as a solid pitcher.

Pujols was on that Cardinals team, as well as the team that lost Hancock. And of course was on teams here with Valbuena and Hanson too. Horrible.

Edited by totdprods

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Why? 

Unless he had some disease that we dont know about, then this is an unnatural death. (Even then, if he had some kind of disease like that, i dont think hed be playing baseball).

So if say he was just found dead in his room, with no explaination, youd need to do an autopsy to lock down the cause. That takes a few days, even if they rushed it because of the news story.

So if he was found suddenly dead, and there isnt going to be an autopsy (from what it sounds like), it means they already know how he died...

... which is only going to be a handful of reasons, especially with the no foul play statement.... 

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I can think of 4 Angels in the last 10 years... which is really crazy on it's own... but have there even been 4 other players pass away in that span?

Yes.

Jose Fernandez, Jose Castillo, Yordano Ventura, Oscar Taveras (The Cardinals top prospect).

3 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Unless he had some disease that we dont know about, then this is an unnatural death. (Even then, if he had some kind of disease like that, i dont think hed be playing baseball).

So if say he was just found dead in his room, with no explaination, youd need to do an autopsy to lock down the cause. That takes a few days, even if they rushed it because of the news story.

So if he was found suddenly dead, and there isnt going to be an autopsy (from what it sounds like), it means they already know how he died...

... which is only going to be a handful of reasons, especially with the no foul play statement.... 

Thanks for the explanation. I know that you're an expert on this in your field of work which is why I asked, already knowing some of what you posted. 

I just found out the news from my son . I’m shocked and saddened over his death. I remember when he made his big league debut with the Diamondbacks. Luckily the Angels traded for him back after originally being drafted by the Angels. I believe he was turning the corner on his pitching career.