• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kole in the last 28 days - .280/.333/.680/1.013

The conflict comes from his past. Hes been a very decent hitter before, so you know he can do it. And his glove is still top notch.

That said, there have been plenty before him who had huge success and were out of the game a few short years later.

Just in terms of recent angels. From the guys we brought over who died as soon as they got here. To some home grown guys. Bourjos in 2011 looked like a star in the making. Grichuk in St Louis. Etc etc. No real explaination of how a guy goes from doing well to cant do it at all.

Youd like to think Calhoun is just in a funk. And hopefully he is. But the fact this stretches back to last year, and hes had a few more nothing special years mixed in with the good ones we associate him with (until now)...you wonder if he is merely a 4yh outfielder.

But even in that role, he cant play CF, and hes not some plus baserunner guy whos worth keeping around to pinch run.

The most depressing thing about this is how bad would Pujols need to be before he is dropped in the lineup or removed from the lineup. Performances by Espinosa and Calhoun do not give any indication that consistent playing time depends on productivity for established players.

13 minutes ago, eligrba said:

The most depressing thing about this is how bad would Pujols need to be before he is dropped in the lineup or removed from the lineup. Performances by Espinosa and Calhoun do not give any indication that consistent playing time depends on productivity for established players.

Mang has an .800 OPS in May and still has - barely - positive WAR. 

He's had an awful start. He raked in ST, so maybe something is physically wrong. I'd say he needs a DL stint and a rehab assignment before anything else happens. There is still probably around $17M owed, so the only way you trade him is for an equally struggling guy on a more expensive contract.

51 minutes ago, Ray McKigney said:

I DVR all the games so I can skip the commercials. I have taken to fast forwarding through Kole's ABs because it's too depressing to watch. 

I do the opposite. I enjoy watching history in the making. When I'm in my 90's, sitting in my rocker, I can tell the kids about seeing the legendary Kole Calhoun.

5 hours ago, Dick B Back said:

Am I the inly one that saw Blash not catch the ball down the line that Upton probably would have caught and Kole would have caught? He didn’t know where the wall was.

He looked terrible out there. Small sample size for me, but I'm guessing that's why he hasn't gotten more of a shot. It's not like he's done much with the bat in MLB either.  Not saying he can't, but when you are limited defensively, you better produce offensively pretty quickly.