• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kole in the last 28 days - .280/.333/.680/1.013

1 minute ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Thats not the only question when you consider I said in my post we should be exploring options outside of the organization in the short term (rest of the season)

I guess it's my belief that the long-term solution is already in the minors. Just a matter of getting from here to there. I feel like a combination of Blash, and/or some scrub off the wire would be a better solution while waiting then gutting the system. Guess I'm still a little gun-shy from the Dipoto reign.

9 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

289 MLB plate appearances. 78 OPS+. -0.3 WAR. 33% K rate

I don't think he's any better than Kole long term

When Nelson Cruz was 26, his first full year, he was same age that Jabari was when he made it to the bigs, he put up a 75 OPS+ in 333 PA with a 26% K rate and -0.4 WAR. 

He turned out fine.

6 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

IMO Angels stadium is filled with people who are there to socialize rather than watch a baseball game. The majority of fans aren't vested in the team rather the experience. I prefer watching the games at home simply because I can't stand listening to stupid conversations while I watch. I am not a casual fan and probably take it far more serious than it should be but that's how I grew up learning the game.

I went yesterday and while it was awesome to watch Shohei in person, I think I prefer to watch the pitching side of the game at home.  I don't mind how fans choose to enjoy baseball, I just think it is silly when fans that don't go to games complain about the people that go to games.  

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

IMO Angels stadium is filled with people who are there to socialize rather than watch a baseball game. The majority of fans aren't vested in the team rather the experience. I prefer watching the games at home simply because I can't stand listening to stupid conversations while I watch. I am not a casual fan and probably take it far more serious than it should be but that's how I grew up learning the game.

When I was a kid, I used to spend a few weeks every summer in Chicago. My Aunt lived walking distance to Wrigley and I'd be there every day while she was at work. I got to experience a fanbase that filled the stadium every day, followed every pitch,  knew who all the players on the other team were..etc..etc.

It was a let down to come home to OC (my family had season tickets for over 2 decades) where most people in the ballpark could care less.

Just now, SuperTroopers said:

I went yesterday and while it was awesome to watch Shohei in person, I think I prefer to watch the pitching side of the game at home.  I don't mind how fans choose to enjoy baseball, I just think it is silly when fans that don't go to games complain about the people that go to games.  

Definitely agree with this.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

When Nelson Cruz was 26, his first full year, he was same age that Jabari was when he made it to the bigs, he put up a 75 OPS+ in 333 PA with a 26% K rate and -0.4 WAR. 

He turned out fine.

You don't consider that to be an outlier? You know there are 500 guys like that that ended up never making the Big Leagues full time for every Nelson Cruz?

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

He turned out fine.

Does everyone in the Angels farm go through salt lake?  Or is there another AAA team?

34 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

You don't consider that to be an outlier? You know there are 500 guys like that that ended up never making the Big Leagues full time for every Nelson Cruz?

Sure, it definitely could be...but is writing him off after 10 big league ABs this season worth the chance it isn't? And yeah, the odds of him being Nelson Cruz 2.0 are pretty much non-existent, but I don't think a .225/.320/.450 type line would be that far-fetched. 

Edit: the odds of him being Nelson Cruz are probably the same odds that the Angels just cut bait with Calhoun right now....neither are happening.

I would demote Kole - something is obviously wrong and he needs a hard reboot. I don't think he can really argue that at this point. After that, there isn't much sense spending prospect currency on stopgap solutions when we have interchangeable internal solutions - so we aren't going to get anyone much better than Blash, Young, Herm, Liriano, EY Jr., because more than likely, Kole is back in a few weeks. Have Young and Blash share playing time, and the winner keeps 4th OF when Kole returns. 

31 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Blash doesn't solve anything. Hermosillo's numbers in AAA are pretty meh. 

It's time to start looking outside of the organization. Too bad we didn't land Dickerson this offseason 

No is saying Blash and Hermosillo are permanent solutions lol. I personally dont think much of Hermosillo, but I like Blash and I think he can go on a few hot streaks to carry an offense.

I'd give Blash or Hermo till the ASB to see if they can win the job. If not Eppler needs to make a trade for a decent RF. (no top prospects)

Its a little frustrating - Hermosillo was starting to heat up in the minors, and actually got his ops up near .900. But, in the last couple of games he's had 0fers, and that's dragged him back down. Really could use production from him...I'm almost afraid he becomes an outfield Cowart...:/

1 hour ago, SuperTroopers said:

I agree, Kole is the worst offensive player in the league and Bradley is third worst and is still playing every day, on a team that is also trying to make the playoffs.  On a team that has a utility player that is hitting .317, who isn’t starting over him.  

Angels land generally and this place especially would absolutely be losing its shit if we had a Brock Holt sitting on the bench while Kole was starting. 

4 minutes ago, krAbs said:

Its a little frustrating - Hermosillo was starting to heat up in the minors, and actually got his ops up near .900. But, in the last couple of games he's had 0fers, and that's dragged him back down. Really could use production from him...I'm almost afraid he becomes an outfield Cowart...:/

Herm will never be the disappointment that is Cowart.  No matter how hard he tries.  If anything the guy has over preformed pretty solidly. 

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Angels land generally and this place especially would absolutely be losing its shit if we had a Brock Holt sitting on the bench while Kole was starting. 

Yep, hell we have Young and that dynamo Blash sitting in the wings and we lose our shit.  

20 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Yep, hell we have Young and that dynamo Blash sitting in the wings and we lose our shit.  

It's the affect of having .391 OPS Cold Calhoun still in the lineup.    Even Bumgarner could put up that number in his sleep.

At the rate he is going at, he may enter Sandy Koufax territory soon.   And Koufax was only one of the WORST hitting pitchers of all time.

1 minute ago, Sherlock31 said:

It's mid-May but I am still not worry, he's a vet he'll start hitting sooner or later.

If I am Sosh I'll bat him in front of Trout and see what happen.

This was my thought, but man, watching him swing through so many hittable pitches, it is time for a change while he goes and figures it out.

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

It's the affect of having .391 OPS Cold Calhoun still in the lineup.    Even Bumgarner could put up that number in his sleep.

At the rate he is going at, he may enter Sandy Koufax territory soon.   And Koufax was only one of the WORST hitting pitchers of all time.

yep.  

The issue with Kole isn't just this season.  The decline started last season and this isn't just a slump.  The reality is he is hurting this team almost every time he comes up to hit.  I personally think we are at the point of where something has to be done regarding Kole.  I'm hoping he is willing to go down to AAA to work on things.  If he is a true teammate, he will do this because this is what is best for the team.

18 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I'd give that honor to Dean Chance.  He was bailing out of the box when the pitcher went into his windup.