• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kole in the last 28 days - .280/.333/.680/1.013

Updated: 7/27/18 (He's turned it around just a bit) ?

He also has the worst OPS in the league by far:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/batting/_/league/al/sort/OPS/order/false

This is quite historic how bad he has been. I really think he is not fixable at this point. 

I think he honestly is having a Chuck Knoblauch / Yips type of problem. 

Right now I don't see how Kole could say no to a trip to AAA if this option was presented. Would anyone even touch him/give him another chance if we released him? Sad to see this happen so fast to someone who was a big part of a future just 60 days ago. Maybe he needs to channel his inner Pedro Cerrano before games?

While I am all for giving players time to figure things out, I mean his level of production is just stunningly awful.  I do really think a stint in AAA, away from all the pressure of the MLB, will help him - gives him a chance to alter his swing a bit, his mechanics, etc.

He reminds me of that one year we had Steve Finley and he was struggling so terribly, except this is actually even worse.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

He had 1 triple and 1 HR on opening day, March 29. He still has 1 triple and 1 HR as of this morning.  He has zero doubles on the year.  Remarkable, really.

Worse than Espinosa last year.....never would have thought anybody could be that bad....I'm not sure trading him at this point makes sense...he has enough money on his deal that the best you could do would be a bad contract for bad contract swap....Since they didn't send him to AAA (without his permission) within the deadline, I think the only logical option would be to keep him as a 4th OF'er, which isn't a great option but maybe the best of bad options....Unfortunately, that doesn't fit Scioscia's profile...he'll keep running him out there.....

1 minute ago, RallyMo said:

I really think that if we just give him until the ASB, he'll be fine. There's honestly no bad that can come of it. If he's still hitting this poorly then, perhaps sit him for a game or two.

Well, to be fair.. the bad that'll come of it will be all of the non-production in close games that we could have used an extra run or two :P

But I see your point, and I am guessing that is the probable course moving forward.

14 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Well, to be fair.. the bad that'll come of it will be all of the non-production in close games that we could have used an extra run or two :P

But I see your point, and I am guessing that is the probable course moving forward.

I'm kinda just kidding. I think that he's bound to get back to a level that's as good or better than any replacement we could bring in at this point. This just doesn't make any freaking sense. It's like he's forgotten how to hit all of a sudden. It's not a subtle decline. However, he may need a change of scenery at this point for a bit.

Not sure if this is worth posting but I wanted to trade him at the deadline last year as part of a mini overhaul. Hell, I wanted to trade most of the team and there was a podcast about doing just that and we'd be in a much better situation than we're in right now. 

I know we're in 2nd but here come the Astros and this team has some real problems that need to be fixed asap and with a stubborn manager, I'm not sure that's going to happen. Barria has looked great so time to either bring up some more young talent to help or trade it for players that can.

Just now, beatlesrule said:

Not sure if this is worth posting but I wanted to trade him at the deadline last year as part of a mini overhaul. Hell, I wanted to trade most of the team and there was a podcast about doing just that and we'd be in a much better situation than we're in right now. 

I know we're in 2nd but here come the Astros and this team has some real problems that need to be fixed asap and with a stubborn manager, I'm not sure that's going to happen. Barria has looked great so time to either bring up some more young talent to help or trade it for players that can.

He's untradeable now.

11 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

It's decision time with Kole. Either make Kole a 4th OF/Defensive replacement or send him down.

Kole is fortunate that his manager is the only guy in the world that would keep trotting him out there and allow him to kill the offense like this. Call up Blash/Hermosillo and give him the starting job, DFA Young.

Coach's son.  Beefaroni.

21 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

It's decision time with Kole. Either make Kole a 4th OF/Defensive replacement or send him down.

Kole is fortunate that his manager is the only guy in the world that would keep trotting him out there and allow him to kill the offense like this. Call up Blash/Hermosillo and give him the starting job, DFA Young.

Hey Jars, you should spend half the time you bitch about Scioscia and watch other teams play.  Jackie Bradley Jr is batting .171 and has more at bats this year that Kole.  Ian Desmond for the Rockies is batting well under .200 every night.  The starting center fielder for the Nationals, his name escapes me, but I noticed last night on ESPN he was hitting a buck something.  My guess is all of those guys are starting because there are not decent options.  We certainly don’t have one.  If it were up to me we would do exactly what you said.  We would send Kole down and call up Hermosillo.  Do I think he will be better than Kole if Kole were to get back to even last years numbers, no, but it is time to do something.  

He shouldn't be on a major league roster at the moment. He's making Danny Espinosa look like Tony Gwinn. Swing a trade or bring up a youngster. Chris Young isn't the solution as he's basically the right handed Calhoun. Eppler needs to push some buttons to fix this asap. While he's doing that, Calhoun shouldn't be batting above 8th and if it can be avoided not in the lineup at all.

2 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Hey Jars, you should spend half the time you bitch about Scioscia and watch other teams play.  Jackie Bradley Jr is batting .171 and has more at bats this year that Kole.  Ian Desmond for the Rockies is batting well under .200 every night.  The starting center fielder for the Nationals, his name escapes me, but I noticed last night on ESPN he was hitting a buck something.  My guess is all of those guys are starting because there are not decent options.  We certainly don’t have one.  If it were up to me we would do exactly what you said.  We would send Kole down and call up Hermosillo.  Do I think he will be better than Kole if Kole were to get back to even last years numbers, no, but it is time to do something.  

Michael Young.  That guy sucks although he did come on fire in game 3, 4 & 5 of the NLDS against us.