• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kole in the last 28 days - .280/.333/.680/1.013

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Streaky is fine, as long as he gets his numbers.  Nate, I even said I knew I was being optimistic, haha.  Not sure how much you have watched him Nate, but he is using the whole field, really unlike any time in his career that I can remember.  The optimism is based on the change of approach rather than the actual result.  

I agree with you 100%.  I think he and the Angels worked hard to fix his issues and they have.  You gotta give props to Calhoun for being open to change and making it work.  I'm really F'n happy for him.

40 minutes ago, DMVol said:

That’s a pretty low bar, not exactly a bold prediction....most pitchers in the NL were better than Calhoun in May/April...

some here keep harping on his awful 2 months as if they are the norm . they aren't.

do you disagree? 

7 minutes ago, TroutField said:

I mean I went into this seasons saying “with all the injuries the past few years, we are bound for some decent health....right?” 

So I don’t put anything past the Angels anymore 

thanks, but this has nothing to do with what I asked.

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

some here keep harping on his awful 2 months as if they are the norm . they aren't.

do you disagree? 

I know that as he was going through those months and when taking into account his struggles last season, I thought it was over for him.  I never expected him to be willing to completely revamp his stance and approach at the plate like he did.  What he was willing to do, the work he must have put in while on the DL and the results have been "baseball inspiring" IMO.  I've been using Kole as an example to my 10 year old son about how baseball is a very tough game and that hard work and being willing to try new ideas from the coaches can have a very positive effect on your game.

10 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

I know that as he was going through those months and when taking into account his struggles last season, I thought it was over for him.  I never expected him to be willing to completely revamp his stance and approach at the plate like he did.  What he was willing to do, the work he must have put in while on the DL and the results have been "baseball inspiring" IMO.  I've been using Kole as an example to my 10 year old son about how baseball is a very tough game and that hard work and being willing to try new ideas from the coaches can have a very positive effect on your game.

image.jpeg

and that's not just a baseball thing. 

well said. 

2 hours ago, Lou said:

do you disagree? 

“Norm” is as norm does, it’s a fluid thing....Whether Calhoun is more April/May or June/July, I don’t know and would prefer not to find out, if we could move him....

I was one of the ones bashing Calhoun and was happy when the Angels sent him down. The slash line he had when he was sent down was beyond abysmal and he had no business being in a major league line up.  He was on pace to be the worst hitter in MLB history. Something was seriously wrong, whether it was mental or mechanical, because even though Kole wasn't great with the bat last year, it was unprecedented that he could be as bad as he was during his rough stretch. It just didn't make much sense to decline like that.

With all that being said, I'm very happy he's figured things out and at least reverted back to being an league average hitter. If Kole produces like he can, we won't have another position of need going into the off season, because whether people in here like it or not, we are going to need Kole to produce in RF next year so that we can spend our money on other positions of need. 

I know that eventually Kole will be traded when the young guys are ready, but I wish Kole the best until that happens and hopefully he is a productive member of this roster going forward for as long as we have him. I've always liked the guy and he's been a pretty productive member of the team in the time he's been here overall.

1 minute ago, calscuf said:

They didn’t ask if he has a no cheeseburger clause.  Stick to what you actually know.  

The truth is @BackTheTruckUp, nobody really knows.  It’s one of the great things about baseball,  we don’t know if Kole has a no-trade clause, just like we don’t know how much they “really” pay him, or if he’s allowed to use the Scioscia toilet right next to the dugout (rumour is that only Albert and Trout can) or if he has to walk back into the clubhouse to poo.  Chuck knows a lot of these things, but he hoards a lot of the knowledge to maintain control and power.  I can’t blame him.

So my guess is no.  I doubt they let Kole poop in there.

Maybe he earned the short walk for the rest of the Mariners series?