• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kole in the last 28 days - .280/.333/.680/1.013

Just now, stormngt said:

Barely a whimper?  It seems like a rebellion brewing in here.

Storm you go to games, do fans boo?  Not really.  This goes back to our fans, who don’t go to games, bitching about our fans that actually go to games.  You want better fan experiences, go to the damn games.  I am past the point of my life where I need some sort of recognition or affirmation for having “good fans” go to our games.  That doesn’t make me a super fan, it means I don’t give two shits about what other people say about the experience at the stadium. Want better experience go to the games it is that simple.

2 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

I agree, Kole is the worst offensive player in the league and Bradley is third worst and is still playing every day, on a team that is also trying to make the playoffs.  On a team that has a utility player that is hitting .317, who isn’t starting over him.  

Boston also has the best record in baseball and arguably one of the most talented overall pitching staffs in the game. They have the luxury of waiting out a guy like Bradley.

1 minute ago, SuperTroopers said:

Storm you go to games, do fans boo?  Not really.  This goes back to our fans, who don’t go to games, bitching about our fans that actually go to games.  You want better fan experiences, go to the damn games.  I am past the point of my life where I need some sort of recognition or affirmation for having “good fans” go to our games.  That doesn’t make me a super fan, it means I don’t give two shits about what other people say about the experience at the stadium. Want better experience go to the games it is that simple.

Fans may boo after a failure like an out or strikeout. They dont boo before they fail.   I have seen this in games at Fenway, Yankee Stadium and Wrigley.   And I have seen it at the Big A.  So I am not sure what the comment was about

3 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Boston also has the best record in baseball and arguably one of the most talented overall pitching staffs in the game. They have the luxury of waiting out a guy like Bradley.

Your argument makes no sense.

The Angels are winning 60% of their games, a game behind the first place, and the outside of Boston and Yankees have played as well anyone in the league.

Why cant we wait it out?

(Disclaimer not advocating it.  I think we need to ask Kole for demotion for career sake)

Heres the thing, do we have better?   Im not sure we do at this point.

Yes hes been frigid cold offensively, but hes been gold glove on D and leads the league in assists if im not mistaken.  I hate how that is completely ignored, but its the way of things.   

What does it achieve for us to bench him and play Chris Young every day?  anything?  We tried Blash, the rest of the kids arent ready... its easy to say dump the guy but really, for who?  

Not to mention he has zero trade value unless he rights the ship. 

IDK i just cant beleive he would be this bad the entire season, it makes no sense

1 minute ago, floplag said:

Heres the thing, do we have better?   Im not sure we do at this point.

Yes hes been frigid cold offensively, but hes been gold glove on D and leads the league in assists if im not mistaken.  I hate how that is completely ignored, but its the way of things.   

What does it achieve for us to bench him and play Chris Young every day?  anything?  We tried Blash, the rest of the kids arent ready... its easy to say dump the guy but really, for who?  

Not to mention he has zero trade value unless he rights the ship. 

IDK i just cant beleive he would be this bad the entire season, it makes no sense

Agree with most of what you say.  However in fairness Blash wasnt given much of a chance.

I do believe our best interest is not giving up on Kole, but try to convince him to take a demotion and try to get his hitting back.

Right now Kole is lost on his swing and just throwing him out there isn't going to help.

Blash isn't the solution, but he is the stop-gap. Hopefully Hermosillo is the solution. The opportunity is there. One thing that ISN'T the solution is to make a panic move and knock our recently recovered farm system back down a few pegs, when the actual solution is in the pipeline.

4 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Blash doesn't solve anything. Hermosillo's numbers in AAA are pretty meh. 

It's time to start looking outside of the organization. Too bad we didn't land Dickerson this offseason 

I might have missed it....why exactly isn't Blash an option?

1 minute ago, Pablo said:

Blash isn't the solution, but he is the stop-gap. Hopefully Hermosillo is the solution. The opportunity is there. One thing that ISN'T the solution is to make a panic move and knock our recently recovered farm system back down a few pegs, when the actual solution is in the pipeline.

The actual solution isn't coming from the pipeline this season. 

Blash isn't a Major League baseball player, so how is he a stop gap? Hermosillo is striking out over 30% of the time against AAA pitchers

22 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

lol

Narrative, narrative, narrative.

Just now, Pablo said:

People don't like that he only got 2 hits in 3 games, and he's not a Gold Glove defender.

No, people don't like that he's a 28 year old with no track record of success at the big league level, has a swing that is easily exploited, and can't field his position

Neither do Eppler and Scioscia evidently

23 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

IMO Angels stadium is filled with people who are there to socialize rather than watch a baseball game. The majority of fans aren't vested in the team rather the experience. I prefer watching the games at home simply because I can't stand listening to stupid conversations while I watch. I am not a casual fan and probably take it far more serious than it should be but that's how I grew up learning the game.

3 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Again, it's a question of stop-gap, not solution. The only relevant questions; would he produce over the short term more, or less, than current Calhoun?

Thats not the only question when you consider I said in my post we should be exploring options outside of the organization in the short term (rest of the season)