• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kole in the last 28 days - .280/.333/.680/1.013

If Cozart, Kinsler, and Machete continue their recent hitting breakout, then Cold Calhoun is going to look like a man on an island clearly standing out.

Although some (not me) may make the argument that they can then carry one putrid bat (solid % of NL pitchers having an over .400 OPS?) in the lineup, who also carries a good glove and arm. 

Just now, Homebrewer said:

This would have been resolved in NY, Bos, or Philly. Fans there would never stand for anyone stinking it up at such historic levels for this long.

I often wonder if the fans at the Big A even know how bad it is. 

Dude it isn’t resolved currently in Boston.  Bradley is hitting .171.  Is it as bad as Kole, no, but it is pretty damn bad.  He has 6 extra base hits, in that stupid ball park.  They also have a .170 hitting everyday catcher.  Stop pretending this doesn’t happen in other places.  I wonder if RedSoxWin kill Cora daily about starting Bradley instead of Brock Holt, who is hitting .317 and has played in about half the games as Bradley.  

1 hour ago, laagamer said:

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

Too much upside to pass up for minimum wage.  Exactly.  

That is also why they have given him such a long leash.  However right now the only way for Cole to turn it around is a voluntary demotion to AAA or we dfa him and he starts fresh someplace else.

But in all seriousness, if we put him on waivers, somebody WILL grab him. He has too much upside. 

He signed a multi-year deal last offseason....You pick him up on waivers and you'd owe the rest of 18 plus 19.....

https://www.mlb.com/news/angels-kole-calhoun-gets-3-year-contract/c-213789692

Just now, DMVol said:

He signed a multi-year deal last offseason....You pick him up on waivers and you'd owe the rest of 18 plus 19.....

Angels would put him on waivers, then work out a trade with someone while the Angels would undoubtedly pick up most of his contract or take on a bad contract instead.  If he cleared waivers, then any team could pick him up and pay him the league minimum while the Angels pick up the rest of the deal.  I think that is how it works. 

2 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Really? So his contract with us doesn't disappear of he hits waivers? Wow. 

That's a bummer for Kole! He might actually be playing MiLB! LOL

11 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Angels would put him on waivers, then work out a trade with someone while the Angels would undoubtedly pick up most of his contract or take on a bad contract instead.  If he cleared waivers, then any team could pick him up and pay him the league minimum while the Angels pick up the rest of the deal.  I think that is how it works. 

That's what I thought

55 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

That is accurate....Maybe I was confused by the comments of storm and laagamer....but, somebody is responsible for the rest of his contract, probably around 20 million....so, you just can't cut him loose, somebody has to pay the remaining amount owed under the contract....you can work out a deal or the another team claims him on waivers and assumes the full amount of the contract.....and, with maybe 20 million owing (or thereabouts), I find it hard to believe that he has any trade value for the full amount of the contract unless it's for another bad contract....I guess you might get a decent prospect if you picked up the lion's share of the contract but I just don't see the Angels doing that, at least not at this point...

36 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Trade him to Miami/Jeters

they are tanking hard.

50 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Dude it isn’t resolved currently in Boston.  Bradley is hitting .171.  Is it as bad as Kole, no, but it is pretty damn bad.  He has 6 extra base hits, in that stupid ball park.  They also have a .170 hitting everyday catcher.  Stop pretending this doesn’t happen in other places.  I wonder if RedSoxWin kill Cora daily about starting Bradley instead of Brock Holt, who is hitting .317 and has played in about half the games as Bradley.  

Jackie Bradley? 

The first round draft pick? The guys who was an all star 2 seasons ago and was in the top 20 in most offensive categories that year? The guy who has averaged over 20HRs the last 2 seasons?

That Jackie Bradley?

That's they type of talented, proven, player that you need to have some patience with.

Kole is no Jackie Bradley, not even in his own wild dreams.

(and Boston fans ARE letting him and Cora hear it, and the writers are all over it)

1 minute ago, Homebrewer said:

Jackie Bradley? 

The first round draft pick? The guys who was an all star 2 seasons ago and was in the top 20 in most offensive categories that year? The guy who has averaged over 20HRs the last 2 seasons?

That Jackie Bradley?

That's they type of talented, proven, player that you need to have some patience with.

(and Boston fans ARE letting him and Cora hear it, and the writers are all over it)

You’re only as good as your current season.

Sincerely,

Too Bessed to be Stressed

1 hour ago, Homebrewer said:

This would have been resolved in NY, Bos, or Philly. Fans there would never stand for anyone stinking it up at such historic levels for this long.

I often wonder if the fans at the Big A even know how bad it is. 

I didn't realize that fans in NY, Boston, and Philly storm the clubhouse and demand the managers to make different decisions.

8 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Jackie Bradley? 

That Jackie Bradley?

Yes, the Jackie Bradley that has a career 89 OPS+.  As opposed to Kole who has a career 105 OPS+.  Sorry but they are very similar except Bradley is two years younger.  You are either underestimating Kole (which is very difficult to do right now) or completely over rating Bradley.  As for the All Star thing, Albert was an All Star 3 years ago, it is basically meaningless.  My point isn’t that Kole is good or that Bradley is bad, my point is this happens with other teams.  So to say another fan base wouldn’t stand for it is simply wrong, although who really cares what a fan base says.  

3 hours ago, SuperTroopers said:

Hey Jars, you should spend half the time you bitch about Scioscia and watch other teams play.  Jackie Bradley Jr is batting .171 and has more at bats this year that Kole.  Ian Desmond for the Rockies is batting well under .200 every night.  The starting center fielder for the Nationals, his name escapes me, but I noticed last night on ESPN he was hitting a buck something.  My guess is all of those guys are starting because there are not decent options.  We certainly don’t have one.  If it were up to me we would do exactly what you said.  We would send Kole down and call up Hermosillo.  Do I think he will be better than Kole if Kole were to get back to even last years numbers, no, but it is time to do something.  

Yes Bradley Jr has been bad too, but his OPS+ is 39.

If you compare that to Kole's OPS+ of 8 you can see that Kole has been catastrophically bad and literally the worst hitter in the league and it's not close.

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I didn't realize that fans in NY, Boston, and Philly storm the clubhouse and demand the managers to make different decisions.

They don't. They express their frustrations vocally at the ballpark. Even Stanton was getting it at Yankee stadium for a while.

There is barely an audible whimper in the Big A when Kole K's for the third time with runners in scoring position. It's not written about in the Times or OCR.

Just now, JarsOfClay said:

Yes Bradley Jr has been bad too, but his OPS+ is 39.

If you compare that to Kole's OPS+ of 8 you can see that Kole has been catastrophically bad and literally the worst hitter in the league and it's not close.

I agree, Kole is the worst offensive player in the league and Bradley is third worst and is still playing every day, on a team that is also trying to make the playoffs.  On a team that has a utility player that is hitting .317, who isn’t starting over him.  

4 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

They don't. They express their frustrations vocally at the ballpark. Even Stanton was getting it at Yankee stadium for a while.

There is barely an audible whimper in the Big A when Kole K's for the third time with runners in scoring position. It's not written about in the Times or OCR.

Barely a whimper?  It seems like a rebellion brewing in here.