• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

14 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t think Bowden really went out on a limb or anything saying it was Angels or Mets.  Will be pretty fucked if the Angels manage to fuck this up.  We need Bauer. 

I don't know about "need" but man, back to back years desperately needing pitching and we lose out on the best pitcher available.

I think stuff like that gets under Arte's skin. He may very well be willing to go stupid for Bauer. 

I guess we'll see. Hopefully soon.

12 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't know about "need" but man, back to back years desperately needing pitching and we lose out on the best pitcher available.

I think stuff like that gets under Arte's skin. He may very well be willing to go stupid for Bauer. 

I guess we'll see. Hopefully soon.

We do need him.  Who’s available next year and the year after ? Tick tock on Mike Trout being at the height of his powers. 

and trading out of our system for this type of pitcher isn’t a viable option currently.  We need to horde depth in the development system.  This is how we avoid this decade of dog shit garbage we’ve been dealing with.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

16 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

We do need him.  Who’s available next year and the year after ? Tick tock on Mike Trout being at the height of his powers. 

and trading out of our system for this type of pitcher isn’t a viable option currently.  We need to horde depth in the development system.  This is how we avoid this decade of dog shit garbage we’ve been dealing with.  

Notably:

Starting pitchers: Noah Syndergaard, Clayton Kershaw, Max Scherzer, Justin Verlander, Zack Greinke, Lance Lynn, Eduardo Rodriguez, Dylan Bundy, Lance McCullers Jr., Johnny Cueto (club option), Carlos Martínez (club option)

11 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Notably:

Starting pitchers: Noah Syndergaard, Clayton Kershaw, Max Scherzer, Justin Verlander, Zack Greinke, Lance Lynn, Eduardo Rodriguez, Dylan Bundy, Lance McCullers Jr., Johnny Cueto (club option), Carlos Martínez (club option)

I’ll grant you Thor,  but I think that Bauer is about the same or better.  Scherzer, Verlander and Greinke are old.  Verlander not as good and coming off major injury.  Scherzer of course is great but I think a younger Bauer is a much better option given a choice.  Which we have.  Also, maybe he just stays with the Nats.  Kershaw isn’t as good and probably won’t leave the Dodgers.  No sure thing that Snydergaard becomes available for us either.  The situation like Cole and Bauer doesn’t look likely in the next couple of years.  IMO.  Which you know,  is worthless. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I don't believe in curses. 

On 8/24/2013 at 11:12 AM, Chuckster70 said:

I was thinking about this earlier in the year when we faced K-Mo for the first time. The curse of the walk-off broken ankle?

On 5/9/2016 at 4:38 PM, Chuckster70 said:

Damn.... I thought we buried the curse in 2002. 

That said... If we're cursed there are many other teams that are equally as curse

On 1/24/2018 at 5:00 PM, Chuckster70 said:

For me it was Vlad, because not only was he actually exciting to watch (whether at the plate or that arm), but he also had #1 hit in Angels baseball (according to me) in game three against the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park. 

Ryan and Trout will probably go down as the best offensive & pitching Angels ever based on stats, but Vlad got all of my love after that hit stuck the dagger in the Red Sox and their fans hearts, finally ending our postseason curse against Boston.

Ryan and Trout, though I know their playoff appearances with the Angels were minimal (like one each), Vlad was a monster and that one hit against Boston will always resonate in my heart. 

On 10/21/2018 at 6:47 PM, Chuckster70 said:

Go Red Sox.

My hate for the Dodgers is much deeper. Plus we already buried that curse and got our revenge in '09. 

I agree

44 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So we all know that Bauer kinda likes attention.  So when do you all think he will announce where he is signing?  I doubt it would be on a Sunday, since he would have to compete with Football.

I think it's gonna drag out. I don't think he's randomly going to sign at 3 pm on a random Tuesday. I think he'll announce it live or something, and it likely won't be till January/February.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

So we all know that Bauer kinda likes attention.  So when do you all think he will announce where he is signing?  I doubt it would be on a Sunday, since he would have to compete with Football.

Christmas is 12 days away.  Or New Years to start 2021 off right, and forget about the trainwreck that was 2020.