• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

One thing I haven't seen mentioned (maybe I missed it): Trevor Bauer has said that he wants to start every 4 days instead of every 5 days. If he can actually do that and still perform well, that could be upwards of 40 starts. That's something to weigh for the Angels, as you may get 8-10 extra starts from him than you would from any other pitcher you could acquire.

49 minutes ago, Trendon said:

One thing I haven't seen mentioned (maybe I missed it): Trevor Bauer has said that he wants to start every 4 days instead of every 5 days. If he can actually do that and still perform well, that could be upwards of 40 starts. That's something to weigh for the Angels, as you may get 8-10 extra starts from him than you would from any other pitcher you could acquire.

40 starts, 5 innings.  Would be 200 IP per year, which isn't bad.  

40 starts, 6-7 innings.  Would be 240-280 IP per year.  We are approaching Japanese baseball numbers.  And that's never good for pitchers.

11 hours ago, gotbeer said:

40 starts, 6-7 innings.  Would be 240-280 IP per year.  We are approaching Japanese baseball numbers.  And that's never good for pitchers.

A pitcher who routinely pitches 5 innings should not be paid as much as Bauer is planning to earn.  I think that would be a waste of resources.  In my mind, it is akin to paying a platoon player the salary of a all-star.

aren't we seriously dropping the bar on our expectations if we're looking at a starter of bauer's quality going 5 innings (and not 6 or 7)? 

that would yet again tax our bullpen. i'd rather see 33 starts at 6+ IP than 40 starts at 5IP, in case anyone asks.

14 hours ago, gotbeer said:

2 hours ago, Tank said:

aren't we seriously dropping the bar on our expectations if we're looking at a starter of bauer's quality going 5 innings (and not 6 or 7)? 

that would yet again tax our bullpen. i'd rather see 33 starts at 6+ IP than 40 starts at 5IP, in case anyone asks.

The thing is, I think Bauer believes he can do 40 starts at 6-7 innings. If you've seen his vlogs, he is super in-depth with his pre and post start routine and is constantly taking measurements on his body's reaction after pitching. If anyone could do it, it's probably him.

Angels are probably being used for leverage. But in theory, I doubt we'll see a pitcher used in a four day rotation anymore. Maybe short term, but not season long.

Funny though. It used to be the norm. And you see it in the playoffs. But with analytics and micro analysis of every pitch it seems that pitching philosophy prohibits deviation. And whatever happened to complete games? Have starters lost the capacity to go nine strong innings? 

P_20201216_105838_vHDR_Auto_1.jpg

7 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Luba liked a Steve Cohen tweet today and another Mets related tweet.

Starting to get the feeling that he’s not coming. 

We’re going to get Realmuto and we’re all going to smile and pretend like everything is ok.

I don't see Minasian signing Bauer.  I think Arte is letting Minasian call the shots, and I think signing FA SPs to long-term deals rarely works out.  Outside of Scherzer and Kershaw, how many long-term SP deals work out well?

I imagine Minasian will acquire a cost-controlled front-of-the-rotation SP, which will cost prospects, but likely he will part with those that he is not as high on as Eppler was.

I also think he will look for a pitcher with mid-rotation upside but coming off a down-ish year, one who will not command as large of a commitment.  Odorizzi, Quintana, Archer, etc - there are various options available.

I do not think he will sign Realmuto.  I feel Realmuto will ultimately end up back in Philly.

6 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Passan just said on a TV/radio show up here that he thinks Mets get Bauer and Springer goes to Toronto...

Pain.

Yeah I don't see Bauer coming here.  I don't see Minasian paying that kind of premium to sign a SP.  I think we'll trade prospect capital for someone of his caliber as well as sign a middle-tier SP.

2 hours ago, CanadianHalo said:

Luba liked a Steve Cohen tweet today and another Mets related tweet.

Starting to get the feeling that he’s not coming. 

We’re going to get Realmuto and we’re all going to smile and pretend like everything is ok.

The winters must be harsh where you live.

10 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Passan just said on a TV/radio show up here that he thinks Mets get Bauer and Springer goes to Toronto...

Pain.

I wonder if part of that was Passan wanting to appease Blue Jays fans listening. I think Springer goes to the Mets, but I wonder if they go after both Springer and Bauer.

3 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I wonder if part of that was Passan wanting to appease Blue Jays fans listening. I think Springer goes to the Mets, but I wonder if they go after both Springer and Bauer.

Nah he’s a regular on the show and doesn’t overly sugarcoat things. He even said guys don’t want to play up here. Said guys usually just take the Jays offer and shop it. Said the Jays interest in the big names is real but they’ll have to overpay in order to land anyone

15 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

If Springer is the guy the Mets want, which it sounds like he is. They will not miss on him.

Hopefully. 

After everything that happened with the Astros I’d like to think Bauer wouldn’t attach his name to Springer’s and join the Mets.

I’ve heard Alderson wants Bauer but Cohen wants Springer. Hopefully Cohen comes in angry one day demanding they get Springer signed