• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

5 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Hopefully. 

After everything that happened with the Astros I’d like to think Bauer wouldn’t attach his name to Springer’s and join the Mets.

I’ve heard Alderson wants Bauer but Cohen wants Springer. Hopefully Cohen comes in angry one day demanding they get Springer signed

I forgot where I saw this but I read the Mets are rumored to be more interested in the 2nd tier of starting pitching available instead of Bauer. So probably guys like Sugano, Tanaka, and Odorizzi. That sorta fits along the narrative of them going for Springer so that's what I'm believing and hoping.

Just now, rafibomb said:

I forgot where I saw this but I read the Mets are rumored to be more interested in the 2nd tier of starting pitching available instead of Bauer. So probably guys like Sugano, Tanaka, and Odorizzi. That sorta fits along the narrative of them going for Springer so that's what I'm believing and hoping.

Yep I think I remember coming across the same tweet you’re thinking of

3 hours ago, CanadianHalo said:

Nah he’s a regular on the show and doesn’t overly sugarcoat things. He even said guys don’t want to play up here. Said guys usually just take the Jays offer and shop it. Said the Jays interest in the big names is real but they’ll have to overpay in order to land anyone

There's also the very possible issue that the Blue Jays may not even be allowed to play in Toronto, depending on where we are with the pandemic.

2 hours ago, rafibomb said:

That is what I saw, too.  The Mets are 100% in on Springer and likely to secure him, but are focusing moreso on the second tier SPs as opposed to Bauer.  Maybe they'll swing a trade for Lindor, too.

It makes a lot more sense to me for the Mets to spread out their spending this winter over as many solid pieces as possible instead of Bauer and whatever else they can afford...then again I could make the same argument for the Angels.

Realmuto has never been appealing to me, but as the winter goes on, I’m strangely starting to not only come around to the idea that he could be a target, but in some ways, favoring it. Having to constantly address catcher every winter can’t be ideal when they play such a crucial role in gameplay, and Realmuto has proven to be at least extremely consistent and well-rounded.

It would require Arte stepping up, but an offseason that saw the Angels acquire Realmuto, Odorizzi, a trade for Musgrove (cheapest salary-wise impact SP), the two Iglesiases, a couple cheap bullpen arms such as Claudio, and perhaps a platoon 4th OF would be one hell of an offseason and not entirely out of the question. A little bit of backloading to Odorizzi and Realmuto’s deals could keep it around the $40m the Angels could spend once you add the non-tendered $10m to the ~$25m-$30m they had coming in.

Rotation: Bundy, Odorizzi, Heaney, Musgrove, Canning, Ohtani

Bullpen: Iglesias, Mayers, Pena, Buttrey, Claudio, Rivera, couple cheapies

Lineup: Fletcher, Walsh, Trout, Rendon, Upton, Ohtani/Pujols, Realmuto, whoever is in RF, Iglesias 

2 minutes ago, Cosmo_Kramer said:

Bauer/Snell/Bundy/Heaney/Canning

If the rotation isn't near this caliber, don't expect to contend for a title

Unless of course it is Bauer, Bundy, Heaney, Canning, Barria, Ohtani and the bullpen is Hand, Hendrickson and Iglesias, along with Mayer, Buttrey and the rest.  

19 minutes ago, Cosmo_Kramer said:

This is the rotation I want ^^^

I wonder if we can add more depth to a Snell trade. Let's assume what Rosenthal said with a Snell for Adell swap. Maybe we can figure out a 3-team deal so we can acquire a Goodwin-type outfielder as well. Or hell just sign Goodwin again. 

31 minutes ago, Cosmo_Kramer said:

Way to give up before the end of Dec.

Have you considered a career as a motivational speaker?

4 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

This is the rotation I want ^^^

I wonder if we can add more depth to a Snell trade. Let's assume what Rosenthal said with a Snell for Adell swap. Maybe we can figure out a 3-team deal so we can acquire a Goodwin-type outfielder as well. Or hell just sign Goodwin again. 

Goodwin's defense isn't the best fit. I'm sure they'll address OF in a trade too if it makes sense

11 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

That rotation is not good enough, we need a 1st tier pitcher. I've seen how that type of rotation ends up too many times.

We’re more than one pitcher away, and it’s likely we won’t have the money or prospect capital to fill out the team if we sign Bauer or trade for a top arm. I definitely agree that we need one, but I’m also perfectly happy with the above rotation plus Realmuto, Iglesias, other Iglesias and other cheap bullpen arms if it happened, and hoping that we can have at least a winning season and maybe make the playoffs. Ohtani could still be that first tier. Bundy could even scratch that surface.

If we can get back to that point then I think it’s easier to put all eggs in 1st tier SP basket. Of course, if we can get one now and address other needs, then yeah, that’s a no brainer. 

5 hours ago, JocStrapling said:

Oh ma gaawd, still can’t believe this like Bimbo is like an agent like you know!?! Freakin world is like the Idiocracy flick! 

Undergrad from UCLA, JD from Pepperdine Law and competed as a D1 gymnast.  Yep...total bimbo compared to your resume......which is?