• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

16 hours ago, Stradling said:

Unless of course it is Bauer, Bundy, Heaney, Canning, Barria, Ohtani and the bullpen is Hand, Hendrickson and Iglesias, along with Mayer, Buttrey and the rest.  

Arte would blow through the tax threshold to add Bauer, Hand, and Hendricks.  

Probably adding some $40-45 million there?

But, he gets back at least $24 million (Albert) after 2021 and another $21 million (Upton) after 2022.

Rotation looks solid, and the bullpen’s back-end (Iglesias, Hand, Hendricks, and Mayers) lights out.

Pena, Sandoval, Buttrey, Reyes, and Rivera isn’t a bad rest of the pen at all.

Would still need a one year RF and second catcher.

Edited by Angel Oracle

36 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Arte would blow through the tax threshold to add Bauer, Hand, and Hendricks.  

Probably adding some $40-45 million there?

But, he gets back at least $24 million (Albert) after 2021 and another $21 million (Upton) after 2022.

Rotation looks solid, and the bullpen’s back-end (Iglesias, Hand, Hendricks, and Mayers) lights out.

Pena, Sandoval, Buttrey, Reyes, and Rivera isn’t a bad rest of the pen at all.

Would still need a one year RF and second catcher.

Bauer if he gets 30, hand is gonna get 7-8, and Hendricks is gonna get 10-12. That’s  almost $50.

Iglesias is the closer, I get adding a guy like Bradley. The other two extra closer suggestions is not very practical. 

Adding Realmuto to this if you’re gonna blow the budget. And Pederson.

42 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Bauer if he gets 30, hand is gonna get 7-8, and Hendricks is gonna get 10-12. That’s  almost $50.

Iglesias is the closer, I get adding a guy like Bradley. The other two extra closer suggestions is not very practical. 

Adding Realmuto to this if you’re gonna blow the budget. And Pederson.

Iglesias, Mayers, and Bradley is a solid back-end too.   

Admittedly, it would be nice to finally settle the catching position after many years of uncertainty with Realmuto and Stassi.

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Iglesias, Mayers, and Bradley is a solid back-end too.   

Admittedly, it would be nice to finally settle the catching position after many years of uncertainty with Realmuto and Stassi.

I'd love for the Angels to get at least one more quality setup-man type bullpen arm. Whether it's Hand, Bradley, Greene, or someone in a similar tier.

4 hours ago, eligrba said:

Undergrad from UCLA, JD from Pepperdine Law and competed as a D1 gymnast.  Yep...total bimbo compared to your resume......which is?

Wow someone’s simping hardcore. It’s sad you actually took his comment seriously to what was an obvious joke to people who would say things like that. 

21 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Wow someone’s simping hardcore. It’s sad you actually took his comment seriously to what was an obvious joke to people who would say things like that. 

I guess you don’t have a sister, daughter or mother that means anything to you.  Carry on....your significant other must be proud of you.

5 minutes ago, eligrba said:

I guess you don’t have a sister, daughter or mother that means anything to you.  Carry on....your significant other must be proud of you.

Lol the internet is the wrong place for you bud. I’ve seen plenty of misogynistic posts on here. You’re acting like this is something new. Calm down. 

And he’s making fun of people who think that way obviously. Get mad at people who actually think like that.

11 hours ago, totdprods said:

We’re more than one pitcher away, and it’s likely we won’t have the money or prospect capital to fill out the team if we sign Bauer or trade for a top arm. I definitely agree that we need one, but I’m also perfectly happy with the above rotation plus Realmuto, Iglesias, other Iglesias and other cheap bullpen arms if it happened, and hoping that we can have at least a winning season and maybe make the playoffs. Ohtani could still be that first tier. Bundy could even scratch that surface.

If we can get back to that point then I think it’s easier to put all eggs in 1st tier SP basket. Of course, if we can get one now and address other needs, then yeah, that’s a no brainer. 

Your idea is to spend big money on a catcher, when we really need pitching. Suzuki will do nicely as a catcher. Minasian so far has gotten a SS, and a closer without breaking the bank, to save for pitching not catching. The Angels need to do everything they can to put Bauer in an Angel's uniform next season, and the rest will fall into place. At least, us fans will known they need everything they could to get Trout back to the playoffs. No more trying to cut corners with reclamation projects.

4 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Your idea is to spend big money on a catcher, when we really need pitching. Suzuki will do nicely as a catcher. Minasian so far has gotten a SS, and a closer without breaking the bank, to save for pitching not catching. The Angels need to do everything they can to put Bauer in an Angel's uniform next season, and the rest will fall into place. At least, us fans will known they need everything they could to get Trout back to the playoffs. No more trying to cut corners with reclamation projects.

According to some, catching can help improve pitching. And pitching is still addressed. And Suzuki is an answer, yes, but only for a year. 

Having some long-term consistency behind the plate could help pitching.