• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

28 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

It may also end up being foolish for free agents to assume this is the one irregular offseason.  That would assume everything magically goes back to normal with a normal 2021 season so next offseason is a normal offseason.

That might be a bad bet.

Likely a good point, too.  It seems probable that the stadiums will be empty, or close to it, to start the year.  Perhaps by summer, when the vaccine has been deployed throughout the nation, they will increase attendance, but I imagine it still will be at a significantly reduced capacity.

The owners will probably face significant losses next year, too.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

It may also end up being foolish for free agents to assume this is the one irregular offseason.  That would assume everything magically goes back to normal with a normal 2021 season so next offseason is a normal offseason.

That might be a bad bet.

Not to mention the decline of cable/satellite/regional sports network subscriptions and revenue.

The elite top guys will always get their money.  Maybe not like the last two years which have been crazy.  But it's the good, mid & low guys that will really get hurt in this years FA market.  Bauer will get 5/150....6/175 from someone -- IF he wants a LT deal.  My wishful thinking is he comes to Angels on a 3-4 year deal with maybe a player opt-out option after 2nd year to further entice such (& peak his betting on himself flirtation).  

10 minutes ago, Stax said:

Trevor Bauer may be an ace, but he seems to be a douche bag and character matters to Perry Minasian.

I am pretty certain that winning also matters to Perry. 
I don't care how much a GM of any team speaks about character and targets high-character guys -- there is always a talent level that will override those concerns.  Besides; Bauer is more "Twitter Troll" than "bad teammate," from what I can tell. 

16 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

He seems like a douche cuz he doesn't act like everyone else. He acts like us. Free spoken and not afraid to say what he feels. 

He acts like a normal human being. 

Ahem......He seems like a douche because he acts like us?  Speak for yourself.......douche.

2 hours ago, Stax said:

Trevor Bauer may be an ace, but he seems to be a douche bag and character matters to Perry Minasian.

Douche bag no..opinionated yes. Maybe some of his opinions rub people the wrong way because they don't agree with him. It's called the pussifying of America. People can't handle the differences in opinions anymore.

9 hours ago, Warfarin said:

If Arte is willing to spend above the luxury tax level for one year, I'd opt for 4/120.  Bauer had a great year, but his track record is not nearly as impressive as Cole's, so I don't see him remotely approaching Cole's deal.  And, of course, he's a free agent in likely the worst free agency year ever in terms of financials, so he has that working against him, too.

I've mentioned before, but I'd sign Bauer (4/120?), trade Adell for a good catching prospect + backend SP type, and basically go from there.  We can fill the rest of the bullpen cheaply with some good arms, and we can probably find a platoon LHH OF fairly cheaply too.  

Bauer, Bundy, Heaney, Canning, Barria, Ohtani* should form a pretty good pitching core.  Sandoval can kick over to the pen, which would give us a strong five of Iglesias, Mayers, Pena, Buttrey, Sandoval, along with Rivera who will basically be a mop-up guy.  Reyes holds a lot of promise and can quickly become another strong relief option.  We'd just need one to two more under-the-radar bullpen signings.

6/150 would be nowhere near what Cole got

Is he douchier than the average player? I dunno. He certainly is more open about what he thinks. Lot of people in the game tend to be cautious about what they say, but Bauer is far less than most. Is that a bad thing? It could be. Depending on how his teammates view it, I suppose. Like, is it a clubhouse issue? I don't know.

Let's get him signed and find out.

1 hour ago, Pancake Bear said:

Is he douchier than the average player? I dunno. He certainly is more open about what he thinks. Lot of people in the game tend to be cautious about what they say, but Bauer is far less than most. Is that a bad thing? It could be. Depending on how his teammates view it, I suppose. Like, is it a clubhouse issue? I don't know.

Let's get him signed and find out.

I have no idea..... but what I do know is that every clubhouse has idiots. If the idiot gets the job done, nobody minds them....

Guys may not go out of their way to hang with them after the game. But if a guy like bauer, with his skill, acts like an idiot, i think he'd still be more than welcome