• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

https://twitter.com/hotstoveintel/status/1336189226552061952?s=21

FWIW Jeff Fletcher, follows this account.

Bauer may be targeting Angels fans on social media simply to get Arte to budge/leverage. Maybe it’s only the Mets that are seriously pursuing him right now. 

The way he smirks when talking about the Angels fan base versus keeping a serious demeanour when talking about the Mets fan base seems almost like it’s a game with the Angels fans

Yes I am going to speculate until he signs. I’m trying to lower my hopes so I’m not crushed like I was with Cole. 

8 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

https://twitter.com/hotstoveintel/status/1336189226552061952?s=21

FWIW Jeff Fletcher, follows this account.

Bauer may be targeting Angels fans on social media simply to get Arte to budge/leverage. Maybe it’s only the Mets that are seriously pursuing him right now. 

The way he smirks when talking about the Angels fan base versus keeping a serious demeanour when talking about the Mets fan base seems almost like it’s a game with the Angels fans

Yes I am going to speculate until he signs. I’m trying to lower my hopes so I’m not crushed like I was with Cole. 

Even if we don't get Bauer, I have faith that Minasian will acquire a legit SP of some kind.  He's been pretty aggressive in improving our weaknesses so far.

That MLBExecutiveBurner account is interesting. Supposedly someone on the inside. Throws out a lot of stuff that is so speculative it cannot be proven, but there have been a couple things that wound up being accurate that would have been difficult for even a diehard fan to have gotten lucky with. Still not sure if it's a really savvy fan milking it or someone actually on the in. 

Edited by totdprods

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

That MLBExecutiveBurner account is interesting. Supposedly someone on the inside. Throws out a lot of stuff that is so speculative it cannot be proven, but there have been a couple things that wound up being accurate that would have been difficult for even a diehard fan to have gotten lucky with. Still not sure if it's a really savvy fan milking it or someone actually on the in. 

I’ve read enough of his stuff to be absolute sure he isn’t what he says he is.  He’s not some top or mid level executive that tells industry secrets. Also while I’m sure he’s guessed right about a possible move, I don’t remember him being right. 

Just now, Stradling said:

I’ve read enough of his stuff to be absolute sure he isn’t what he says he is.  He’s not some top or mid level executive that tells industry secrets. Also while I’m sure he’s guessed right about a possible move, I don’t remember him being right. 

Yeah, I don't think he's that high-level, but could be someone with some sort of informed opinion. 

I haven't seen him be right on any sort of specific deal, and I couldn't say from memory what was right, but there's been a couple times where the speculation sort of matched the execution a team wound up doing that wasn't common knowledge or publicly known yet. But certainly could just be lucky. 

1 hour ago, CanadianHalo said:

Here’s the tweet. Didn’t seem to load above 

If there's "No rumblings" on Bauer then my MLB Exec guess would be that the Angels are leading the race. 

Steve Cohen is all about letting fans know what's up and if "reports" say it's been quiet then that points 100% at the Angels. 

PLUS.... Moreno voted against Cohen on getting the team.... You really think he's going to get outbid by him now for something that we need? Come on....

1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

If there's "No rumblings" on Bauer then my MLB Exec guess would be that the Angels are leading the race. 

Steve Cohen is all about letting fans know what's up and if "reports" say it's been quiet then that points 100% at the Angels. 

PLUS.... Moreno voted against Cohen on getting the team.... You really think he's going to get outbid by him now for something that we need? Come on....

I hope Springer signs with the Mets today. I know Olney said on radio yesterday that he’s pretty close to betting the family farm that it would happen. 

Which then kind of lines up with everything above. The Mets possibly shifting focus elsewhere and Bauer looking to try and drum up interest 

Just now, CanadianHalo said:

I hope Springer signs with the Mets today. I know Olney said on radio yesterday that he’s pretty close to betting the family farm that it would happen. 

Which then kind of lines up with everything above. The Mets possibly shifting focus elsewhere and Bauer looking to try and drum up interest 

Yeah agreed. What surprises me is they are heavy on Bauer (supposedly). I know you can never have too many arms, but they already got DeGrom, Stroman, Thor and Matz.

The Mets have a void to fill at catcher having lost Ramos. If they get Springer then they need Realmuto/McCann too. 

ALSO Cano is suspended so they should get LeMahieu as well.

He could use 3 very elite position players before he gives bank to another starter. 

29 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yet you follow him on twitter...?

11 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Yup.... Arte won't lose out a third year in a row for coming up short for Ace. Mark my words for this. 

Looking back, I am glad he came up short for last year's ace.  If Arte won, this year would have a very different outlook involving more dumpster diving.

3 hours ago, Warfarin said:

Even if we don't get Bauer, I have faith that Minasian will acquire a legit SP of some kind.  He's been pretty aggressive in improving our weaknesses so far.

He so far has signed two minor league players, one (Keong Wong) the Angels had previously released, and made one trade. Not seeing the strong moves you are talking about. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

He so far has signed two minor league players, one (Keong Wong) the Angels had previously released, and made one trade. Not seeing the strong moves you are talking about. 

Two trades. One for a starting shortstop and one for a closer. 

Pretty strong.