• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

33 minutes ago, Blarg said:

He so far has signed two minor league players, one (Keong Wong) the Angels had previously released, and made one trade. Not seeing the strong moves you are talking about. 

And also signed Faria, Pannone, and Schebler, all with MLB experience, to minor league deals, plus non-tendered the bullpen (addition by subtraction), and added another half-dozen or so minor league deals.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

i told bauer that i'd play golf with him and my wife would make him cookies. if that isn't enough to convince him to sign here, then screw him.

Please tell me you didn't tell him the cookies would contain caper flour.

4 hours ago, CanadianHalo said:

Here’s the tweet. Didn’t seem to load above 

I don't believe anything that account says.

Anyone can create a twitter account claiming to be a former MLB executive. If you tweet speculation, people are going to follow, retweet, and like your tweets because fans feed off that stuff.

59 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Sounds like bauer is Banking on us and the Mets. If the Mets choose to go after a big bat and a C, i can seen them moving on from Bauer. 

Which leaves us and a few other teams. Than the question, which one of these teams are willing to pay 30+ mil for him? maybe the Jays?

My guess is the Mets sign Springer + either Realmuto or McCann, which probably adds ~35-40mil to their payroll, depending on who it is.

I can see them making some other moves as well, but I don't think they would add Bauer at 25mil/yr on top of that.  I think they'll make further moves, perhaps strengthening their bullpen and other areas.  They Mets are around 68mil under the luxury tax, and I doubt they'll shoot over it in Cohen's first year, even though he can.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Just a hunch that most front office executives are much more professional than that dude. 

I am saying that I don't think that twitter account is a real front office executive and was asking why someone else said "That account clearly isn't just some rando"

2 hours ago, Cosmo_Kramer said:

Too much depth, breadth of different organizations to be a rando

There are plenty of fans out there who are knowledgeable about all 30 teams. I don't buy that he is/was a real executive.