• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

According to some, catching can help improve pitching. And pitching is still addressed. And Suzuki is an answer, yes, but only for a year. 

Having some long-term consistency behind the plate could help pitching.

not enough, we've had excellent catching but without good results. I truly hope reports are true were a favorite for signing Bauer. You know the old saying, the best is none too good.

18 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You mean the truth.  

Ah yes, the truth that the 2014 and 2015 Royals relied exclusively on their elite bullpen to compete.

Nevermind the elite seasons from Shields, Ventura, etc in 2014.

Or that the Royals felt the need to trade for Cueto mid 2015 after Cueto had finished #2 in CY voting in 2014.

Anyway..

Obviously the strength of your bullpen can help overcome weaknesses in your rotation. Just like the strength of your offense can overcome weaknesses in your pitching.

Still need a #1 though, so who is it?

21 minutes ago, totdprods said:

According to some, catching can help improve pitching. And pitching is still addressed. And Suzuki is an answer, yes, but only for a year. 

Having some long-term consistency behind the plate could help pitching.

Realmuto is overrated. Yeah sure he’s the best catcher in probably the worst catching class the MLB has ever seen. If we sign Realmuto when we still haven’t addressed any starting pitching, it will be one of the most bone headed moves in recent years.

9 minutes ago, Cosmo_Kramer said:

Not sure that team "expected" to compete given their rotation, but an elite season by Jarrod Washburn certainly helped. And a young Lackey in the playoffs especially. Great depth on offense too.

Oh but yeah definitely just the bullpen

Well the bullpen did just shut out the Giants at the end of game 7. If our 2020 bullpen would have went out there I would put all my life savings on the line that they would have blown it. 

So yeah I would say the bullpen played a huge part in that magical 02 season. Just as big as the starting pitching honestly. 

5 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Manager's decision. Snell was rolling in the WS, when they pulled him and their BP blew it.

Yes, he pulled Snell, why?  Because they believed in their bullpen because they did all season long, and the season before.  

1 hour ago, Bronson said:

Well the bullpen did just shut out the Giants at the end of game 7. If our 2020 bullpen would have went out there I would put all my life savings on the line that they would have blown it. 

So yeah I would say the bullpen played a huge part in that magical 02 season. Just as big as the starting pitching honestly. 

That was my point

3 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Im actually pretty proud of us keeping it alive all these years. Amazing that a slight in a random ESPN article could spawn a decade long meme.

Anyone who doesn’t get that, well I just say to them, “your and idoit.

5 minutes ago, Cosmo_Kramer said:

Hard to say the payroll impact without looking at the full picture. I think it can be done within Arte's budget

Depends on his budget, which we can only guess at right now. 

I think the $30 million figure (give or take 1-2 million) is accurate. 

6 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Depends on his budget, which we can only guess at right now. 

I think the $30 million figure (give or take 1-2 million) is accurate. 

If we got Bauer, I think that would be about it.  Unless you could convince him to take a significantly lower 1st year salary.  

That's actually one of the minor benefits of adding Bauer or any other multi year free agents is that you've got some flexibility of what you can do with that first or even second year comp.