• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

2 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

But does it kind of worry you that with Minasian not coming from teams with money to spend that he leans more towards trading and lower-tier guys? Angels are in a different $ category than the Braves were and I feel like this could become a weak side of Minasian.... If he has one. 

Isn't it a benefit? I like having a guy who knows how to work with less rather than someone who only knows how to spend. For someone like that, having more financial flexibility just means they have more potential options to work with. 

6 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

But does it kind of worry you that with Minasian not coming from teams with money to spend that he leans more towards trading and lower-tier guys? Angels are in a different $ category than the Braves were and I feel like this could become a weak side of Minasian.... If he has one. 

I'd say it's the opposite. Eppler came from the Yankees, and he wasn't successful closing deals with higher tier guys.

A GM who can find value on the margins and at the bottom tier of free agency is important, especially for the Angels. The Angels have Trout and Rendon as stars, but they need to complement them, and they need to pick up players on value deals.

So at some point the Trevor Bauer saga will be about baseball right? 

I get it, he's different, he's enjoying himself, and maybe he's trying to get familiar with the different fan bases... but at some point it's going to be more than just Trevor Bauer's social media funsies time, right?

Boring off-season making my antsy.

7 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Andrew Friedman came from a team that doesn't have a lot of money to spend when he jumped ship from the Rays to the Dodgers.  Look at the juggernaut that he has built now.  I think for Minasian, coming from a team that doesn't have a lot of money to one that does will only help him.

But also, that said, while the Angels have money, they also have a ton of money invested in several players, so it is not like he has a ton of free cash to spend right now.  We'll need the savvy he learned from the Blue Jays / Braves.

Some of you post a lot of words without actually saying anything; especially anything interesting or original.

Baseballs are round. A bat is made of wood. Minasian is going to sign the player that best fits his plan. Grass is green. The sky is blue. Minasian was working in Toronto and coincidentally, Shania Twain is from Canada. Sugar is sweet. Arte Moreno will spend money for the right player. Let's trade Adell for a pitcher and not a belly itcher. The Braves won some games while Minasian was there and that should translate into something we can all be proud of. Minasian grew up around major leaguers and he knows the meaning of hard work. He has an eye for talent and his other eye is looking at the numbers.

I think this post is long enough. The again, maybe it isn't. We'll let the chips fall where hey may. Minasian likes corn chips and that should help him draft some blue chippers.

If I was a betting man, I'd bet on Minasian making good decisions and helping the team improve by making good decisions. That will help the team improve.

Let's wait and see what happens. Then again, the writing is on the wall and it spells w.i.n.n.e.r. I have every confidence Minasian will do what he set out to do and he will do it well.

Edited by T.G.

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

Some of you post a lot of words without actually saying anything; especially anything interesting or original.

Baseballs are round. A bat is made of wood. Minasian is going to sign the player that best fits his plan. Grass is green. The sky is blue. Minasian was working in Toronto and coincidentally, Shania Twain is from Canada. Sugar is sweet. Arte Moreno will spend money for the right player. Let's trade Adell for a pitcher and not a belly itcher. The Braves won some games while Minasian was there and that should translate into something we can all be proud of. Minasian grew up around major leaguers and he knows the meaning of hard work. He has an eye for talent and his other eye is looking at the numbers.

I think this post is long enough. The again, maybe it isn't. We'll let the chips fall where hey may. Minasian likes corn chips and that should help him draft some blue chippers.

If I was a betting man, I'd bet on Minasian making good decisions and helping the team improve by making good decisions. That will help the team improve.

Let's wait and see what happens. Then again, the writing is on the wall and it spells w.i.n.n.e.r. I have every confidence Minasian will do what he set out to do and he will do it well.

perhaps you could provide a list of topics that you approve of.  

If you don't like redundancy then maybe AW isn't for you.  

2 hours ago, T.G. said:

btw, do you see the irony in the fact that you keep telling everyone that they are repeating the same things over and over and over.  I think you added a few more overs.  

@Dochalo I’m cranky.

If you think I’m talking about you - you’re wrong. I didn’t name names on purpose. 

I also know I’m not adding any fresh perspectives, myself. 

I just find it tiresome that the moment Minasian says something like he values “run prevention” - people start putting that in every post, like it was their idea. Or when he says the catcher is the most important position and then that becomes the narrative of a lot of posts - again and again.

I know I’m being an a-hole with my post above. 

And thanks for your suggestion that “maybe AW isn’t for me.” Some days it isn’t. But most days it’s just a place to get the latest breaking Angels news, crack a few jokes, read what IP and a few others have to say, watch Lou make fun of people, read something funny from Taylor, tdawg and others and watch people argue like the Real  Housewives of AW.

I just felt like being extra cranky last night. Most people know not to take me too seriously.

I will just add this and then shut the hell up...

I have low tolerance for dumb posts even though I make more than my fair share of them. I try to let them go or just put people on ignore, but sometimes I can't help myself. I'm pathetic that way.

I also have low tolerance for people who post like they're an authority when they're really clueless. Or post as if they have some authority or inside information or superior insight when they don't. Mostly, I find it hard not to poke fun at people who take themselves too seriously.

I'm a-hole. Every board has at least one.

True a-holes can’t and won’t acknowledge they are an a-hole.  Cranky absolutely you are.  Which I appreciate because I’m too worried about hurting someone’s feelings or pissing them off to tell them the truth.  So I can live vicariously through your posts.  Plus you’re self aware so that makes it all ok 👍🏻.   Keep up the good fight. 

18 minutes ago, Fourts said:

True a-holes can’t and won’t acknowledge they are an a-hole.  Cranky absolutely you are.  Which I appreciate because I’m too worried about hurting someone’s feelings or pissing them off to tell them the truth.  So I can live vicariously through your posts.  Plus you’re self aware so that makes it all ok 👍🏻.   Keep up the good fight. 

No fuck you call him a c*nt right now.

12 hours ago, T.G. said:

Ok tough guy