• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

47 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So you think he’s a product of pitching in Oakland?  Fair enough. I didn’t like the list of pitchers mentioned. 
A pitcher I think could be traded is Carrasco.  

No, I don't think it's the ballpark,the defense maybe. I think his control is legit so he can spot things, that and his extension maybe helps mask what is a really mediocre FB..  But like I said, he's one of those guys that I watch pitch and don't really get it.  The hitter's view is likely different, but he screams pitchability guy who could go boom at any second.

30 minutes ago, Buttercup said:

I feel that Weaver would have had a similar baffling look to his chart. That deception makes everything play up. When you're talking fractions of a second in reaction time a slightly delayed response due to deception is huge. 

I looked!

image.png

image.png

Dude had nothing other than being 6'7" and being full of piss and vinegar.

1 hour ago, mmc said:

Think I’d rather get someone in the tier I mentioned earlier and spend on another bat or two than give a big deal to Senga, Bassitt, or Rodon

I’d pay Rodón, I think I’d probably pass on Senga depending on the price, and definitely pass on Bassitt.

But Rodón’s in a different tier financially than Senga and Bassitt. He’s gonna get $30M AAV over 6-7 years. At that point, just pay up for Correa.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

This is what keeps popping into my head everything I read Correa to the Yankees 

Definitely have seen written the cheating as reason the Dodgers are not in on Correa, and it would make sense the Yankee fans would react.  What would the lineup look like if Correa signed with the Angels?  Something like:

Ward

Trout

Ohtani

Correa

Rendon

Walsh

Renfroe

Stassi

Rengifo

Edited by Revad

39 minutes ago, Revad said:

Definitely have seen written the cheating as reason the Dodgers are not in on Correa, and it would make sense the Yankee fans would react.  What would the lineup look like if Correa signed with the Angels?  Something like:

Ward

Trout

Ohtani

Correa

Rendon

Walsh

Renfroe

Stassi

Rengifo

I really don't see the Dodgers as involved with Correa.  I think they'll either start Lux or swing a trade.  Rumors link Correa to the Yankees, but I would still bet on the Giants at this point - they have been lurking and involved, and with most names off the board, I am guessing they'll give Correa whatever he wants, which at this point would be what, 10/350?  Or something ridiculous.

As to your lineup, that seems decent.  I know Maddon had Ward leadoff, but I like him in more of a "slugging" spot in the lineup because of his power and ability to drive in runs.

I'd probably consider:  2B Rengifo, CF Trout, DH Ohtani, LF Ward, SS Correa, 1B Walsh, 3B Rendon, RF Renfroe, C Stassi.

That lineup COULD be really strong, but I think it is also heavily reliant on Walsh bouncing back.  As I write it out too, it helps me realize how this lineup is decisively RHH, and if Walsh is injured/struggles, then we effectively have just one actual significant LHH power threat.  Reminds me of why I was hoping we'd pursue Nimmo, as I think we need one more legit LHH to help provide some more balance.

But anyway, that's largely splitting hairs - no matter how you construct that lineup, it is much better than the lineups we were trotting out last year.

7 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

This is the actual Tweet.  Per others, within it it says that the three finalists are Mets, Cubs, Padres.  

Mets would seem to be the favorite because they have no financial limits of any kind, but the Padres wouldn't surprise me either - they need pitching.

That sucks. But I doubt we were serious about him.

I hope the Mets miss the playoffs.

Minasian whiffed so hard last season that much like Eppler did when he was here left himself way too many holes to fill without a big enough budget to do so in one offseason. Time and time again our GM’s are forced to try and make this club competitive every year when in reality it needs at least 2 off seasons. I think we’re seeing it happen again right now.

The Renfroe deal isn’t good value for us and our needs. His OBP is terrible. This lineup needs guys that can get on base. He would’ve been much better off pursuing someone like Benintendi.

At this point I’m hoping he signs Bassit assuming we lose out on Senga. We need some stability on this roster moving forward. So I’ll take it in the rotation. 

This way if you can’t bring back Ohtani your rotation isn’t in shambles next offseason. Bassitt, Anderson, Sandoval, Detmers is a nice start to filling out the rotation next offseason. 

Bassitt and a shortstop would be ideal. If the Cubs get Swanson and we can land Nico I think that would be really good. Start building for the future 

17 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

This is the actual Tweet.  Per others, within it it says that the three finalists are Mets, Cubs, Padres.  

Mets would seem to be the favorite because they have no financial limits of any kind, but the Padres wouldn't surprise me either - they need pitching.

That’s disappointing. I really thought Angels would have a good shot at him.  

8 minutes ago, jordan said:

That’s disappointing. I really thought Angels would have a good shot at him.  

I did too, but when I heard some rumors of us interested in bringing back Lorenzen and being interested in Lugo as a SP/RP, I got the impression that this team is probably looking for a 6th SP that is more of a SP/RP option.  I would have liked Senga, but if the team only has so much money left to spend, the offense (and SS) has to be the priority at this point.

SP hierarchy, as of now:  Ohtani, Sandoval, Anderson, Detmers, Suarez, ______.  In AAA:  Silseth, Canning, Bush, CRod (?), Daniel, Rosenthal.

I think if we simply add someone a la Lorenzen or Lugo, both of whom should be very reasonably priced, I think that's great SP depth.  As highlighted in other comments too, there are a ton of great SPs that will be available in free agency in the next 2 years too, so we don't necessarily have to do anything at this time.

https://www.mlb.com/news/baseball-s-next-free-agent-classes - there are many, many really good options here, so if the next ownership group wants to spend on pitching, they will have a ton of options.