• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

29 minutes ago, TempeAngel said:

Dodgers have never done this. Friedman builds a system in player development and then pays for anything they are lacking. Because they can. The Mets are just writing blank checks. Crazy.

..... yeah I remember being blown away by the Dodgers farm when watching Mookie and Scherzer in the playoffs. And seeing their Bauer and Grienke and Freeman deals.

Yeah, we get it. The Dodger are the cream of the crop in development. They also are erhe top spenders the last decade.

Senga deal seems like a bargain.  Kinda bummed we weren't in on that although he might have left money on the table from other teams.  

And the mets have a really really good team, but it doesn't seem 100m better than the next closest payroll.  In fact, they might not even be the best team in their division.   Especially if Atlanta decides to upgrade LF.   And the Phils are gonna win a lot of games too.  

7 minutes ago, TempeAngel said:

It must be fun to be a Padres or a Mets fan right now.

the amount of shit that i've heard red sox fans throw at san diego fans for 50 years is unbelievable. fans of these marquee teams have enjoyed baseball being basically only about them for generations, and they've talked out of the side of their necks about fans being "fair weather" and so much nonsense. i hope the padres do win a WS, the fans in san diego have never got jack shit for their fandom for 60 years. the red sox have won 4 world series in the last 20 years, more than any other franchise, and these fair weather red sox fans are losing their minds this offseason because their team is kinda shitty...and they'll still talk shit about the angels. fuck them.

I’m gonna sound like a hater but I don’t think Ned Coletti and the staff before Friedman get the credit they deserve.

They were the ones that drafted Kershaw, Seager, Joc, bellinger, signed puig, Urias, jansen, JT, and created the top farm system. Friedman inherited all those players and got most of the credit. 

He’s done well but they were on the up and up even before he showed up.

27 minutes ago, IheartLA said:

I’m gonna sound like a hater but I don’t think Ned Coletti and the staff before Friedman get the credit they deserve.

They were the ones that drafted Kershaw, Seager, Joc, bellinger, signed puig, Urias, jansen, JT, and created the top farm system. Friedman inherited all those players and got most of the credit. 

why would this make you sound like a hater?  It's a very good observation imo.  He certainly did a very nice job of maintaining the dogs track record of finding and developing talent.  And he had McCourt to deal with.  

Just makes me sad when I think about how Stoneman had created a similar culture inside the halos org and how everything has gone to shit since he left.  A little duct tape and dip spit held it together for a couple more years and since then it's essentially been Mike Trout and literally almost nothing else.  Mike has earned every red cent of the 227m that he's been paid so far.  

2 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

Senga deal seems like a bargain.  Kinda bummed we weren't in on that although he might have left money on the table from other teams.  

And the mets have a really really good team, but it doesn't seem 100m better than the next closest payroll.  In fact, they might not even be the best team in their division.   Especially if Atlanta decides to upgrade LF.   And the Phils are gonna win a lot of games too.  

Just saw this:

🤔

6 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

This is a great observation.  Looking at their roster, obviously their pitching is stacked, but their offense seems .. okay, but not amazing?  Despite a 350mil payroll.

There are no awards in this sport for spending efficiently or getting the most out of the least, but they have seemingly spread around tons of money to probably run neutral.

5 hours ago, IheartLA said:

Yeah, I think Colletti was actually fairly underrated in what he accomplished.  The McCourt stories were pretty wild - hearing about how the players were concerned their checks might not even clear.  Geez, lol.

I think Colletti was a pretty good GM who did help their farm acquire talent.  Friedman is likely the best at the game at what he does, so they took a big step forward when he took over, but I do agree that Colletti laid the ground work for him.  He was responsible for helping clean up the McCourt's mess for a few years, then Friedman got to step in after and create what he has now.

All that said, I would say the Dodgers are, currently, clearly not the best team in their division, and you could argue they might be on the fringes of the 6 best teams in the NL.  The Braves, Mets, Phillies, and Padres all seem clearly better, and there will be an NL Central winner too, so I think it's fair to say they are currently the 6th best team.

9 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

First 45 minutes of Spring Training are all that matters. After that they bring in the guys with jersey numbers like "68", and "94". And you get bored, head over to The Buttes to drink and try to get a date for that night. But then you drink too much and your nap at 4 in the afternoon lasts until 1 am. And when you wake up, see what time it is and panic and check your phone you see all the missed texts from your friends at 7pm. And now they aren't answering your calls, because they're partying with those 4 chick's from Scottsdale, and there's 4 of them and 7 of your buddies. And you have diarrhea and a headache. And you're stuck staying in your hotel room with a hangover, and watching some reality TV show where people have to survive on an island. 

And when you go back to work that week you lie to your friends about how you party's with some chick's from Scottsdale.

Not that any of us have ever done that. 

9 hours ago, IheartLA said:

Ned Colletti = Bill Bavasi

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Bassit is four years older. I’m thinking he gets 3 years around $51-54 million. 

He’d be a steal for that. I think he gets a fourth year, and maybe even a slightly higher AAV. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him get something like 4/76 or even 4/84. 

8 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

Just saw this:

🤔

Yeah, but its pretty hard to get better when you won like 100 games last year. They already were a really good team they just maintained - paid a fortune to do so - and arguably could be better if Verlander pitches more than deGrom did  and if Senga winds up being legit. And haven’t blown up their farm.

13 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

First 45 minutes of Spring Training are all that matters. After that they bring in the guys with jersey numbers like "68", and "94". And you get bored, head over to The Buttes to drink and try to get a date for that night. But then you drink too much and your nap at 4 in the afternoon lasts until 1 am. And when you wake up, see what time it is and panic and check your phone you see all the missed texts from your friends at 7pm. And now they aren't answering your calls, because they're partying with those 4 chick's from Scottsdale, and there's 4 of them and 7 of your buddies. And you have diarrhea and a headache. And you're stuck staying in your hotel room with a hangover, and watching some reality TV show where people have to survive on an island. 

And when you go back to work that week you lie to your friends about how you party's with some chick's from Scottsdale.

now do this as a haiku.