• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

47 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if Angels were checking in on d’Arnaud tbh.

Bet the Braves lock him up too. Hell of a core. 

If Minasian can be Anthopoulos Junior, man, we will be in good shape. 

This is my hope.  Minasian spent several years as the second in command in ATL.  He has several tendencies already that seem similar to Anthopoulus.  I’m hopeful he can build that same infrastructure and success here 

16 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

We did not have Murphy to trade to ATL. 

What’re you talking about?

Bassitt and Contreras we’re both free agents

It’s clear it’s more of the same 1 year deal type stuff this offseason for the most part 

Every year, you guys get upset over me telling you this. Every season plays out the same. Then we have a crazy amount of holes to fill in the offseason and do it all again. We would’ve been better off signing Bassitt than trading for Gio and Renfroe 

22 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

What’re you talking about?

Bassitt and Contreras we’re both free agents

It’s clear it’s more of the same 1 year deal type stuff this offseason for the most part 

Every year, you guys get upset over me telling you this. Every season plays out the same. Then we have a crazy amount of holes to fill in the offseason and do it all again. We would’ve been better off signing Bassitt than trading for Gio and Renfroe 

So, you wanted Adell and Moniak in LF and when Rendon gets hurt have Duffy, Mayfield or Villar at 3B. He had a bid on Contreras, so he tried. Takes two to tangle and if money could be the same, he went with team that has been winning. I thought you were talking about today's trade about that Contreras. Off season not over let's wait and see roster in Spring.

6 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

lol what?  

This time of year is fun, but it is also a reminder that anyone can make up anything and pose it as a rumor.  The Padres trading Tatis, with his value at the lowest it can possibly be due to his suspension, would just make absolutely no sense at all.

1 hour ago, mmc said:

I'm really struggling to understand this one for the Braves.

They trade away a good catcher (all-star actually), to get a different good catcher (who is possibly slightly worse, but probably a lateral move) who is 3 years older and has less control, while also expending multiple prospects in the process.

There have been some really strange, unexplainable deals made this off-season.

1 hour ago, Warfarin said:

We also don’t truly know what kind of budget he has to operate.  He can say whatever publicly, but there is likely a fairly concrete number he has been allowed to spend.

Gio and Renfroe combined will make roughly what Bassitt will this season

There’s no way a new owner is going to make a gripe over the remaining 2 years 42 mill for a starter like Bassitt

This is the issue with having a revolving door at Gm and pressure to win every year. They miss out on good deals because they’re busy trying to fill all of their holes from the previous year. It’s not realistic to bring this team from zero to hero in an offseason and yet they try to every single offseason. Hopefully with new ownership comes some stability throughout the organization