• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

12 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Why the hell would you do that??

(Actually, Hartford is my go to airport when I fly to New England. So much cheaper for whatever reason.)

I'm actually from Upstate NY and that's more depressing job wise / location wise than Connecticut. Moved here after college ... been 18 years now.

I've actually only been to Seattle once in my life (I'm 40).

The power of growing up in the 90s with Griffey .... 

10 minutes ago, Ender said:

I'm actually from Upstate NY and that's more depressing job wise / location wise than Connecticut. Moved here after college ... been 18 years now.

Griffey, buener and Edgar Martinez were fun to watch. 

1 hour ago, Ender said:

Yeah, I get it. I hated Griffey... but he was as cool as it gets for a fan.

Funny story. A guy I used to work with (briefly) was buddies with him. Randomly met him at work, then Griffey would hit him up whenever he came to town. Nobody at work believed him, then he brought in pictures (pre smart phone days) of them just being basically kids together. Video games and pizza at the hotel by Angel stadium whenever Seattle came to town.

Connecticut is underrated by the way. Love the landscape. 

@tdawg87 is probably sick of it, but New England is pretty amazing landscape wise. New Hampshire is gorgeous once you're old man enough to appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Griffey, buener and Edgar Martinez were fun to watch. 

As much as I hate Seattle (just below the dodgers), that 90s team was absolutely stacked. Still mind-blowing they never won a ring.

Not just talent, but they had some cool ass players. Jr, Randy Johnson and later Ichiro is a pretty good run of fan faves. And hate him all day long, but a team that brings up Griffey and Arod in like 6 years is pretty badass.

Still hate them

4 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Kidding aside, but if the Mets spend this much, that hopefully makes Ohtani too expensive down the road. Eppler connect and all.

Everyone keeps saying Dodgers, but Seattle is my pick if he leaves.

I see Seattle as just as likely as the Dodgers.  It'd be a toss up, IMO.

With the Mets going wild Perry is going to need to get aggressive. Lots of teams left standing around with no body are going to start to pivot. 

Perry is in a bit of a pickle with the ownership change. He’s either going to have to explain why he handed out a few terrible contracts this offseason in hopes of making a playoff push or explain to them how he drove one of baseballs biggest superstars away

Which is why again, I think he somewhat just straddles the fence this offseason. Renfroe and Urshela are off the books next season. Anderson was good value. Contreras would’ve been great value. Which leads us to Swanson. If the value is right he’ll do it. Correa no chance 

The NL East is going to be absolutely incredible in 2023. The Phillies are just coming off a World Series appearance and added Trea Turner, the Mets went insane spending everything on everyone and still might spend more, and the Braves have a young core reaching their prime and are one of the best run organizations in baseball. Not to mention the Marlins and their pitching staff. 

40 minutes ago, Second Base said:

The NL East is going to be absolutely incredible in 2023. The Phillies are just coming off a World Series appearance and added Trea Turner, the Mets went insane spending everything on everyone and still might spend more, and the Braves have a young core reaching their prime and are one of the best run organizations in baseball. Not to mention the Marlins and their pitching staff. 

But you did mention the Marlins and their pitching staff

It isn't what is best for baseball. Becoming like English Premier League very quickly where only 6 clubs, at best, really having a chance of winning the league. MLB is not far from that at this point. 

17 minutes ago, James said:

But you did mention the Marlins and their pitching staff

It isn't what is best for baseball. Becoming like English Premier League very quickly where only 6 clubs, at best, really having a chance of winning the league. MLB is not far from that at this point. 

Houston, Dodgers, Padres, Mets, Phillies, Yankees, Mariners, Braves

Theres 8. Plus teams that upgrade throughout the season. 

On 12/8/2022 at 8:16 AM, Blarg said:

My best friend is a Padres fan and they are fed up with Tatis and his yearly problems. He shows no maturity or accountability and why should he, his contract is guaranteed and there is nothing the club can do about it. 

Let's put it this way, Machado thinks he's a douche. So, do you really want 12 more years of that? 

that contract they gave him was too much money too soon. felt that way then, and still feel that way now. 

the kid needed a better track record before SD did something stupid, and here we are.

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

dodgers signed heyward to a minor league deal with an invite to spring training.

LOL

Yeah I have to say, I chuckled a bit at that one.  I think they are feeling the effects of the Bauer uncertainty in terms of his contract situation.  They seem like they are going to sit out the offseason until that is "resolved."