• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

5 minutes ago, Ender said:

Free agency is literally insane when someone like Brandon Nimmo almost gets 200m and fucking 8 years.

Good lord.

Shohei will easily clear 500m.

@Ender what are you doing on Saturday? I’m in town for a company holiday party but will join a bunch of Mariners fans and friends for a poker tournament if you’d like to join. My buddy lives in Covington. PM me if you’re interested 

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

@Ender what are you doing on Saturday? I’m in town for a company holiday party but will join a bunch of Mariners fans and friends for a poker tournament if you’d like to join. My buddy lives in Covington. PM me if you’re interested 

Thank you good sir but I live in Connecticut! If you're ever on the east coast lemme know!

5 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

Mets Payroll is 322m.  

Their tax bill is 58.2m right now.  So their effective payroll is about 380m.  

Stupid.  I hope they make another early exit from the playoffs.  

My perception of the FA market is there are a handful of teams that have an obscene amount of money, and they are spending it.  The Mets have by far the most, it appears, and likely don't care that Nimmo will play in half of games, and so on.  

That said, given the Mets are historically a bumbling franchise that is associated with losing, good for them.  They are now routinely outspending their big brother Yankees.

I have no issues with the Mets spending or giving out these contracts. Every year its the same talking points "these contracts are ridiculous, I can't believe player X got such and such years for XXX millions. 

This is MLB free agency and its not going to change. Good for the Mets' fans for having some real belief that their team is doing everything they can to put a championship caliber product on the field. 

Yeah Tyler Anderson has to be having second thoughts about his deal lol. He probably could have locked down another couple years and a lot more money. 

Props to Perry for getting that one done quick. The longer the Giants and Cubs (presumed favorites) go without signing Correa and Swanson, the more I think we may be in play for one of them.