• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brad Ausmus Named Angels Skip

nando714

Was hoping for someone else, but no clue what any of them really bring to the table either (other than what's been printed).   I think we will learn more about where they are going when they announce his staff.   I liked Nagy, hope he sticks around.  Will be interesting if Chavez and Paul move from the front office to the dugout.

49 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok so I guess using this logic Eric Chavez will either be the Co manager or the GM and Eppler will be promoted, you know since Chavez was on Eppler’s hip for 2 years.  

i swear you would argue the color of the sky given the chance.  Did i say any of those things, no... is it obvious this was the plan all along, yes.  Think what you will

23 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Ausmus sure seems to be a big believer in a "proven closer" which is interesting because that seems to be at odds with Eppler's bullpen strategy. It'll be interesting to see if they go out and get a closer this offseason. I'd put my $ on David Robertson since he has excelled in multiple roles in a bullpen (including closer) and has the NYY connections to Eppler. 

All this crap show so we can have the reincarnation of Mike Scioscia. It will be the same crap all over again, might as well kept the real Scioscia, I hope it is a short contract or I will probably be died the time they get to the World Series again, oh what a fucked up morning. I wanted some new blood in here not the same crap.

28 minutes ago, floplag said:

i swear you would argue the color of the sky given the chance.  Did i say any of those things, no... is it obvious this was the plan all along, yes.  Think what you will

Haha, sorry I attacked your position of he made this decision long ago then wasted everyone’s time and Arte’s money with a dog and pony show.   Oh and it’s super easy to argue ridiculous positions.  

23 minutes ago, rottiesworld said:

All this crap show so we can have the reincarnation of Mike Scioscia. It will be the same crap all over again, might as well kept the real Scioscia, I hope it is a short contract or I will probably be died the time they get to the World Series again, oh what a fucked up morning. I wanted some new blood in here not the same crap.

LOL.  My opinion is that he will fine.  He's smart, has had time to integrate into the organization so the transition should be easy, and he is a good communicator.  The manager is not the big difference maker here.  It's all about the players, they will either make or break this organization.  Hopefully they find the right combination of players to move this team forward in the right direction.  Eppler has a lot of important player personal decisions to make this year.  His manager has the job of integrating what he is given, and I think he is fine for that task.

Why would you want someone unknown (new blood) in here, that could lead to another round of GM vs. Manager warfare like Dipoto brought, and nearly totally destroyed this organization.