• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brad Ausmus Named Angels Skip

nando714

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Haha, sorry I attacked your position of he made this decision long ago then wasted everyone’s time and Arte’s money with a dog and pony show.   Oh and it’s super easy to argue ridiculous positions.  

Wait how did he "waste Arte's time or money" finding a candidate? Where did he say he wasted Arte's money or time? Also how do you spend money while interviewing for candidates for a job? If anything by not having a manager you are saving money. 

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Wait how did he "waste Arte's time or money" finding a candidate? Where did he say he wasted Arte's money or time? Also how do you spend money while interviewing for candidates for a job? If anything by not having a manager you are saving money. 

Well the term dog and pony show means he already knew who he was going to hire.  Arte pays the guys doing these interviews.  I know not all interviews were done locally and that trips were made, so flights were taken.  All that is a ware of time and money if we were to assume all along who he was going to hire.  

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Of course it has.  If you are trying to be coy Tom and you’re referring to the post-post season. 

I'm referring to the period when the World Series is finished, and players become free agents and can be signed by teams.  I didn't know there was a post-post season.  Of course teams are quiet now with regard to player personnel, that's all I was referring to.

Just now, tomsred said:

I'm referring to the period when the World Series is finished, and players become free agents and can be signed by teams.  I didn't know there was a post-post season.  Of course teams are quiet now with regard to player personnel, that's all I was referring to.

That’s called the off season. 

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

So much negativity here today.

We're just five uninjured pitchers and a few decent hitters away from a wild card spot.

...and a bullpen

....and a larger payroll

....and a Trout extension

....and a deeper roster in AAA

....and prospects that can play at the major league level

....and flexibility to add impact players at deadlines

10 minutes ago, tomsred said:

If that's your measuring point, then you're going to probably be disappointed.  Hopefully Ausmus has the intelligence to use Pujols properly is a better statement.

I'm not here to make better/good statements, I'm here to talk sports.

and FYI he'd bench Pujols if he has intelligence.

Edited by failos

20 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Haha, sorry I attacked your position of he made this decision long ago then wasted everyone’s time and Arte’s money with a dog and pony show.   Oh and it’s super easy to argue ridiculous positions.  

So obvious is ridiculous to you?  Doesnt exactly sound like strong logic there. 
There are many reason they could have gone thru the process even though it was likely pre-determined, most of them socially relevant more than baseball, but thats probably another discussion.

my first reaction was meh.  

then I realized the rigorous process to choose the new manager would weed out the Ausmus who managed detroit.  So I can only assume that he's grown and learned from his previous mistakes and isn't the same guy.  So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.  Many managers have had a rough first go and then succeeded in their next gig.  Ausmus is highly intelligent.  Hopefully that translates this time around.  Clearly, he has to be on board with advanced metrics or they wouldn't have hired him.  

As far as I'm concerned, he's got one job.  Don't f up the clubhouse.  

No matter who was chosen, it was going to be a wait and see approach.  So we'll see.  

No manager we brought in would bench Pujols.  He is owed 28 million.  He will be playing.  Get used to it.  The bigger question is where Ausmus bats him in the lineup.  Hopefully no higher than 6th assuming no bats will be signed to bump him even lower. I'd bat him 7th but I'm sure he won't start lower than 6th to begin the year. 

19 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The thing I worry about with Ausmus is that he’ll be one these “veterans first” guys.  The Angels absolutely do not need that with fuc*king Pujols around. 

If he’s going to try and max out Pujols AB’s that will suck.  

one of my concerns but I am sure there have been conversations about this very thing and if it ends up as such then it's per a discussion of Eppler and Ausmus.  

We have to keep in mind that a lot more of the manager's directives will be coming from the front office.