• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brad Ausmus Named Angels Skip

nando714

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2019 at 3:23 PM, mulwin444 said:

TON of talent...haha

Come on, dude

I know you are the conductor of the "Ausmus Hate Train" lately but they had a lot of crap on their roster from 2014 - 2017 before trading away their good pieces in his last season.

April is not even done and people are calling for him to be fired...it's ridiculous

wrong donald trump GIF by Election 2016

9 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

wrong donald trump GIF by Election 2016

jerk off motion bfd GIF

2014 - Inherited team from Leyland and they won 90 games, came in 1st, and got swept in playoffs because 1) Scherzer got bombed in game and 2) Soria was awful in games 1 and 2 3) couldn't hit in game 3.

2015 - MCab injured, VMart injured, Verlander injured.  Alfredo Simon and 5.05 ERA was the "ace" of the staff, Annibal Sanchez was into season 1 of being terrible and David Price was traded mid-season. 74 wins 

2016 - Good offense, bad Starting pitching, meh BP.  86 wins and 2nd place.

2017 - VMart old, MCab injured and aging, Kinsler old, Martinez injured, Verlander and Upton traded mid-season. 67 wins

Besides 2014, they didn't have a ton of talent.  

And, this is not to say Ausmus being hired was a great move...just the "best" managers often coincidentally have talent that is performing well at the same time...and not injured

4 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

jerk off motion bfd GIF

2014 - Inherited team from Leyland and they won 90 games, came in 1st, and got swept in playoffs because 1) Scherzer got bombed in game and 2) Soria was awful in games 1 and 2 3) couldn't hit in game 3.

2015 - MCab injured, VMart injured, Verlander injured.  Alfredo Simon and 5.05 ERA was the "ace" of the staff, Annibal Sanchez was into season 1 of being terrible and David Price was traded mid-season. 74 wins 

2016 - Good offense, bad Starting pitching, meh BP.  86 wins and 2nd place.

2017 - VMart old, MCab injured and aging, Kinsler old, Martinez injured, Verlander and Upton traded mid-season. 67 wins

Besides 2014, they didn't have a ton of talent.  

And, this is not to say Ausmus being hired was a great move...just the "best" managers often coincidentally have talent that is performing well at the same time...and not injured

You mean like the 2019 New York Yankees?

Look, you can air stroke it however and as long as you like @mulwin444, but Ausmus has shown he would find ways to lose with an All-Star roster from what I've seen thus far. Too many moves just 6 weeks in that have many Angels fans scratching their collective heads. 

Then there's this...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2014/06/19/ausmus-apologizes-again-for-postgame-remark/10871167/

https://abc7ny.com/sports/tigers-yanks-brawl-after-fight-between-miguel-cabrera-austin-romine/2338346/

https://detroitsportsnation.com/brad-ausmus-snaps-post-game-presser/mwhitaker/detroit-tigers-news/09/17/2017/95873/95873/

http://detroitsportsrag.com/brad-ausmus-has-to-go/

http://detroitsportsrag.com/ausmus-fired-when-it-doesnt-matter-any-longer/

Ausmus has made some mistakes. Everybody makes mistakes.

Success will be measured by how well he manages the clubhouse and team chemistry.

If he fails at that, then he needs to go.

19 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

You mean like the 2019 New York Yankees?

Look, you can air stroke it however and as long as you like @mulwin444, but Ausmus has shown he would find ways to lose with an All-Star roster from what I've seen thus far. Too many moves just 6 weeks in that have many Angels fans scratching their collective heads. 

Which season, besides 2014, had an "All-Star roster"? As for finding ways to lose, I guess he shouldn't have told his relievers to completely melt down in the playoffs.  

As for Ausmus on the Angels, I'm not doing this after 42 games.  Last night was more than Bour being called on to try an win the game...it was Mike Trout sucking twice with runners on base, it was Ohtani getting thrown out twice on the bases, it was the pitchers giving up 2 runs after 2 outs.

A game is more than one moment and if Bour is on the 25 man roster, he should be ready for moments when he's called...if he isn't, then he should be in AAA, which now he is.

And, again, by saying "I'm not going to do this" I mean I am going to observe him over a season and make my conclusion then.  That's it...

You can "CalzoneMunkee" all over Ausmus every game if you want, but I have no desire.

• 4 months later...
10 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

so much for that.  

the main takeaway from this thread is that @ten ocho recon scout got 80% of his total likes. 

I'm looking forward to 

dough Maddon, slow Maddon, ho Maddon and bro Maddon.  

Dammit...

I meant to bump this last night, and complain about how much hard work went to nothing

Tad ausmus was my magnum opus

On 10/22/2018 at 2:05 PM, Second Base said:

The biggest complaint I've seen from Tigers fans regarding Ausmus was his inability to command the respect of the clubhouse and his bullpen mismanagement.  But I think much of that was situational.  Granted, he had David Price, Miggy Cabrera, J.D.Martinez, Justin Upton and V-Mart, but as I understand those four were not a cohesive unit at all and didn't much like each other.  That might be on Ausmus and it might not. 

But he's stepping into a scenario where Trout, Simmons and Pujols are the unquestioned leaders of that clubhouse and they all share a common trait.  Those are three of the hardest workers in the sport.  Trout, you see his physique and the offseason workout videos.  With Simmons, you see how meticulous he is about fielding.  When he does something amazing, he isn't doing it to be flashy, he's doing it because that's where his ability is.  And Pujols, his toughness and work ethic are the only reason he's still able to compete, because his declining skill set would've forced anyone else out of baseball already. 

So the clubhouse shouldn't be an issue for him. 

But the bullpen.....well Scioscia wasn't exactly the best at bullpen management either.  So the best thing Eppler can do in this situation is surround Ausmus with so many good options that he can't screw it up.

I'm sure Ausmus will find some success here.  It might not be for a couple seasons, but it's coming.  

For me, it'll be interesting to see how he handles the prospects coming in.  Because there's about to be a huge infusion of talent coming into the clubhouse from the minors, like Fletcher, Ward, Hermosillo, Thaiss, Rengifo, Fernandez, Canning, Suarez, Adell, Jones, Marsh etc.... and it's all coming in the next two years.  It'll be interesting to see how he shapes the persona of this team. 

As it turns out, Ausmus' inability to build culture and command respect in Detroit WAS his fault and the same thing happened in Anaheim. It'll be interesting to see if he remains in a major league dugout.

All in all, I'm just grateful I didn't say anything too stupid in this thread.