• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brad Ausmus Named Angels Skip

nando714

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Because it wasn’t a dog and pony show and he ended up grading out highest in how they evaluated the next manager?  

One would think that was known well in advance considering hes been with Epp for a year.
Let me guess how this played out... hey Brad can you go print this managers test out for me... promise you wont look...  
Come on man, this was known looooooong ago, the rest was just show.  

Dont get me wrong, i dont hate it... i wasnt wild about any of the choices if im being honest as none really stood out to me as being obvious choices and there were 3-4 that would likely have been good choices.  Hes the one that been there as Epp worked the plan so if the plan fails now its all on Epp so it could be a blessing in disguise... he now needs to win. 

Just now, floplag said:

One would think that was known well in advance considering hes been with Epp for a year.
Let me guess how this played out... hey Brad can you go print this managers test out for me... promise you wont look...  
Come on man, this was known looooooong ago, the rest was just show.  

Ok so I guess using this logic Eric Chavez will either be the Co manager or the GM and Eppler will be promoted, you know since Chavez was on Eppler’s hip for 2 years.  

This is a pretty big surprise for me.  Ausmus has said some pretty dismissive stuff about analytics in the past, and the perception I’ve always had of him is that he is more in the “old school” mold.  If that proves to be true then I think Eppler has made a mistake.   I think the way it ended in Detroit with him supposedly having problems in the club house is also not great. 

On the other hand, the Angels have had him in the front office and surely he’s had opportunity to interact with the players on some level.  And presumably the impression that he’s not great with analytics isn’t entirely true.  I mean one of the the main thing that they’ve been talking about wanting is a guy that’s good with that stuff.  They interviewed him, so what do I know.  I’ll defer to Eppler and hope for the best.  It’s fine I guess.  I was hoping it would be someone new like Chavez.  I think I would have been more excited about that. 

At the end of the day, if all the pitchers get hurt or fail in some other way they’re screwed.  If half the line up is sub .650 OPS guys the Angels are fu*cked.  That’s the bottom line.  It doesn’t matter who the manager is. 

Bring on the off-season. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok so I guess using this logic Eric Chavez will either be the Co manager or the GM and Eppler will be promoted, you know since Chavez was on Eppler’s hip for 2 years.  

Ya I don’t understand the idea that it’s been a decided thing.  Josh Paul and Chavez both have been with Eppler longer the Ausmus.  That logic doesn’t check out with that.  

They all interviewed, they liked Ausmus best.  The end. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

The only reason I said to bring back mike is that if you have a gritty former catcher as your manager who makes questionable pitching decisions and overuses his pitchers, you might as well just have kept Scioscia. Ausmus is the one guy I didn’t want. And it bucks the trend of young guys with little experience (Cora and Roberts, etc.) and seems to be more in the Hinch mold. But ok they know more than me so I suppose it was time for a fresh look.

I just see Rudy T or a Mike Brown here. Not a Steve Kerr.