• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brad Ausmus Named Angels Skip

nando714

2 hours ago, floplag said:

One would think that was known well in advance considering hes been with Epp for a year.
Let me guess how this played out... hey Brad can you go print this managers test out for me... promise you wont look...  
Come on man, this was known looooooong ago, the rest was just show.  

Dont get me wrong, i dont hate it... i wasnt wild about any of the choices if im being honest as none really stood out to me as being obvious choices and there were 3-4 that would likely have been good choices.  Hes the one that been there as Epp worked the plan so if the plan fails now its all on Epp so it could be a blessing in disguise... he now needs to win. 

Do you actually, honestly, believe that they did 10 nine-hour interviews, including flying candidates in and I suspect traveling to interview some (Espada?), just for the hell of it?

As I said when the season ended, I believed Ausmus was the favorite before it started, but he still had to "win" the interview round. Clearly, spending a year sitting together helped Ausmus and Eppler know what the other was about.

47 minutes ago, tomsred said:

Why would you want someone unknown (new blood) in here, that could lead to another round of GM vs. Manager warfare like Dipoto brought, and nearly totally destroyed this organization.

How quickly that some people forget.

It's not as if Ausmus has been with the organization for decades. He has been around long enough to have some familiarity with it, but not so long that the current way of doing things is ingrained in him.

I don't pretend to know who among the candidates would have made the best manager. I also don't pretend to know what separated one candidate from another during the selection process. Based upon what I have seen thus far, I trust Billy Eppler to make the right decision for the organization going forward.

10 minutes ago, Taylor said:

100% ... if the Angels had just hired him outright, you would be complaining that they didn't at least cast a wider net first.

FFS did i say that?  no.  Jesus christ the leaps people take here are super hero-esque.  
If they had just hired him outright it would have made sense, we all basically thought he was the front runner since he was put in that spot.  

5 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Do you actually, honestly, believe that they did 10 nine-hour interviews, including flying candidates in and I suspect traveling to interview some (Espada?), just for the hell of it?

As I said when the season ended, I believed Ausmus was the favorite before it started, but he still had to "win" the interview round. Clearly, spending a year sitting together helped Ausmus and Eppler know what the other was about.

No, but i do believe that he was by far the favorite when the process started, that it was his to lose and someone would have had to literally blow them away out of the blue or he would have had to step on his own dork and blow it.  

I'm not criticizing the choice, just the process.  None of those in the running really stood out to me, he has a better chance relating to the players than someone who has never managed before and is clearly on board with the Eppler plan.  

17 minutes ago, floplag said:

No, but i do believe that he was by far the favorite when the process started, that it was his to lose and someone would have had to literally blow them away out of the blue or he would have had to step on his own dork and blow it.  

I'm not criticizing the choice, just the process.  None of those in the running really stood out to me, he has a better chance relating to the players than someone who has never managed before and is clearly on board with the Eppler plan.  

I mean, you can think whatever you want.  But why do you figure you have their process all figured out ? Seems to me that you’re being critical of something you really don’t know anything about.  You’re speculating enitirely here dude. 

Ill say this.

As underwhelming of a hire he might be, being that we all want more if an analytic guy at the helm, keep in mind....we all creamed our jeans when dipoto was hired for the same reasons. And there were similar complaints when eppler was brought  aboard.

Really, IMO, eppler and artes wallet matter more in todays game.

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

What's with all the hate he is getting?