• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brad Ausmus Named Angels Skip

nando714

I was hoping for someone new like Espada but I'm willing to trust their process. If he loses the clubhouse, that'll be a problem. If Trout signs an extension partially because he likes playing for him/the team is succeeding, that'll be great.

none of us known jack diddly. i know two things about this: eppler was looking for the person who best was able to grasp what he wants to do. eppler has been a friggin life boat for this franchise. i'm just gonna go ahead and trust that maybe his judgement is more informed than yours or mine.

55 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It's about even now in my poll.

According to many Detroit fans; he's not great as a coach, and he's too nice to the players...and favors veterans too much over young guys who are better. 

I'm giving Eppler the benefit of the doubt but it sure looks like his first go-around as manager was not that great.

First of all, I was totally wrong in dismissing Ausmus as possibly the next Angel manager.  I believed he was on the track to being a GM and really didn't need to go back into a dugout.  I was wrong.

Secondly, there is very little to complain about here. . .unless you want to assume Ausmus is so stupid that he didn't learn anything from his 4 years managing the Tigers.

He just spent a very healthy amount of time glued to Eppler, so that experience is going to have more influence on how he manages than what he did with the Tigers.

There is no question the guy is very intelligent, he is educated, he played catcher forever, and he is still plenty young enough to relate to the contemporary player.  Obviously Eppler is satisfied, so there is really no reason to be negative on this guy.

Now let's get a couple of impact players and play ball.

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

According to many Detroit fans; he's not great as a coach, and he's too nice to the players...and favors veterans too much over young guys who are better. 

I'm giving Eppler the benefit of the doubt but it sure looks like his first go-around as manager was not that great.

He beat the Pythagorean 3 of 4 years.  Eppler knows and has worked with what we can call the top 5 candidates, Ausmus, Chavez, Espada, Paul and we will throw Girardi in there since a lot of fans like him.  Eppler has worked with all of them, he then interviewed 4 of those guys, and put them through 2 hours of testing and another 7 hours of interviewing.  At the end of it he went with Ausmus.  This was his choice with one year left on his own contract.  We heard what he said were the qualities he was looking for in a manager.  He has spent a year getting to know Ausmus and seeing his thoughts on the game.  He has to know that if push comes to shove and they disagree on something, Ausmus will defer to analytics, because that is what will be expected.  He also has to know that Ausmus will put team before any one player.  So if Albert is playing and playing more than we want, that isn’t a Ausmus decision, but a front office decision.  This is now his guy.  Whatever Ausmus does is a reflection of Eppler, good or bad.  

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean, you can think whatever you want.  But why do you figure you have their process all figured out ? Seems to me that you’re being critical of something you really don’t know anything about.  You’re speculating enitirely here dude. 

So is literally everyone else, but im the asshole, lol  
Whatever, it is what it is, time to move on.