• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Julio Teheran (1 year, $9 million)

mmc

Just now, Stradling said:

Ok, well 22 home runs last year isn’t bad considering the ball was likely juiced.

True. Also just the hard reality: we need arms. Its interesting, baseball reference is a lot higher on him than fangraphs projections. 4.15 ERA vs 5.44 ERA (and a WAR of 0.5). If we get the BR version, then this is a solid pickup.

1 minute ago, Erstad Grit said:

I've been hard on the guy. Atlanta left him off their playoff roster. If he can lower his walks he has potential being only 28. I actually wanted him but in the role Bundy will likely occupy. Not happy with him being our number 2, or even 3 and sliding Ohtani into 2. 

He won't be their number two or three.  It will be:

Whoever they get next, Ohtani, Bundy, Teheran, Canning, Heaney

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Is he a ground ball pitcher?  I noticed he only gave up 22 home runs last year in 174 innings.

I talked about this about a month ago -- but his sinker is an elite level pitch.   His problem is his FB has become an awful pitch.

Here's a good read on his sinker - https://blogs.fangraphs.com/julio-teheran-sinks-to-success/

He seriously needs to can the FB, throw sinkers and junk and call it a day.   

3 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

He won't be their number two or three.  It will be:

Whoever they get next, Ohtani, Bundy, Teheran, Canning, Heaney

Oh God

Ohtani (whom I loooooove) who hasn't pitched in a long while and will be on a innings limitation is not a 2

Bundy is not a 3 

Keuchel, even if we get him, is not a 1 

4 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Teheran is one of those confusing pitchers. Everything about him suggests he shouldn't be very good. Even his FIP is absolutely atrocious. Yet his ERA remains solid every year.

I do not see this ending well. Everything down to the price tag matches that Harvey-Cahill logic. 

Fire Eppler.

Did you take idiot pills today?  WTF man.  Neither Harvey or Cahill averaged 175+ innings prior to the Angels signing them.

Edited by VariousCrap