• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Gerrit Cole (Please sign with the Angels) Thread

Chuck

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

@Angel Oracle do you mind letting Grich know about the prowess of the Central Maine Sports Page?

I don't remember the exact point where it started being brought up on here, but iirc, it was to do with the Red Sux?

That wasn't where "Edge: Lowell" originated, was it?

I do trust Central Maine Sports Blog, Pio Deportes, and Hindustan Times, before I trust anything that Jim Bowden says.  😁

Edited by Angel Oracle

33 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Third base: Chone Figgins (Angels) vs. Mike Lowell (Red Sox)
Figgins has made the most of his time at third base. But he's simply not the prototypical run-producer at a corner position like third base, though he possesses more speed (42 stolen bases) than most at the same position. Lowell has been fighting off nagging injuries during the past month and is recovering from a torn labrum in his right hip. He's still managed to drive in 75 runs in 119 games.
Edge: Lowell.

I think at least three teams are in the hunt but I don’t think any team has put in a serious offer yet. It would be stupid just to hand him everything he’s asking for right away. I think the Angels are truly the only serious bidders and are trying not to overpay against other fake bids. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Third base: Chone Figgins (Angels) vs. Mike Lowell (Red Sox)
Figgins has made the most of his time at third base. But he's simply not the prototypical run-producer at a corner position like third base, though he possesses more speed (42 stolen bases) than most at the same position. Lowell has been fighting off nagging injuries during the past month and is recovering from a torn labrum in his right hip. He's still managed to drive in 75 runs in 119 games.
Edge: Lowell.

That year Figgins had a Career high in WAR of 7.7, Mike Lowell had a 0.0 WAR.  Lowell never had a WAR as high as Figgins had that year.  This is possibly the worst evaluation of talent ever.  

Then Lowell outperformed Figgins in that series as Chone hit zero and Lowell hit .200.

40 minutes ago, Stradling said:

That year Figgins had a Career high in WAR of 7.7, Mike Lowell had a 0.0 WAR.  Lowell never had a WAR as high as Figgins had that year.  This is possibly the worst evaluation of talent ever.  

Then Lowell outperformed Figgins in that series as Chone hit zero and Lowell hit .200.

Edge: Mendoza Line

I’m not. Journalists write for clicks. This gets a lot of clicks and generates even more clicks when they get to write future stories about the Yankees being left at the altar and creates this manufactured narrative drama for them to weave in and draw in more clicks down the line.

Could be true, but by no means am I any more worried now because of a Jeff Passan article. 

11 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

The Yankees deciding they’re going to be in is lousy news. I’m genuinely surprised. They’re already the best team in the AL. Signing Cole to 8 years is a desperation move. Steinbrenner must’ve gotten pissed about no WS appearances in the 2010’s. 

I'm not....  Too much future uncertainty in their rotation for them not to chase a legit ace.