• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Gerrit Cole (Please sign with the Angels) Thread

Chuck

Let's use this thread to post any and all Gerrit Cole news, notes and rumors. 

And of course, every time he mentions something regarding the Angels as part of his upbringing. 

Like just now, when he was asked who his favorite players were growing up and he said "back in Anaheim, he enjoyed watching Garret Anderson and Tim Salmon". 

3 minutes ago, winhalos said:

Maybe we should all sign a nice card asking him to come here. LOL! His wife is from Pleasanton. Yes, up by Frisco, but she is a california girl!  that should eliminate any east coast teams

She's from NoCal no doubt, but I believe they both met when they attended UCLA. 

Anyhow, if Cole was truly an Angels fan growing up (which it's pretty obvious he was), how could one sign with the Dodgers (and the A's and  Giants don't have the $$$). 

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Anyhow, if Cole was truly an Angels fan growing up (which it's pretty obvious he was), how could one sign with the Dodgers (and the A's and  Giants don't have the $$$). 

Very good point!  

31 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

We prefer Nor Cal. 

But if it does come down to California teams, it's between the Angels, Dodgers and Padres.

The Padres do have money to spend, but likely not as much as the Angels, and the Dodgers will also likely be in the market, but if history of that front office tells us anything about them, it's that they'll spend to retain talent more than they will on large free agent contracts.

So I'd expect the Dodgers to spend on Ryu instead of invest in Cole, but you know they'll hang out in the periphery just in case the asking price works in a range they're comfortable with.

The Angels have the clear advantage geographically, with his family history and the sheer fact that they're desperate. They're more likely to over spend than the Dodgers or Padres.

I sincerely believe he will be an Angel. The last free agent I felt this confident in the team signing was CJ Wilson.

9 minutes ago, Second Base said:

We prefer Nor Cal. 

But if it does come down to California teams, it's between the Angels, Dodgers and Padres.

The Padres do have money to spend, but likely not as much as the Angels, and the Dodgers will also likely be in the market, but if history of that front office tells us anything about them, it's that they'll spend to retain talent more than they will on large free agent contracts.

So I'd expect the Dodgers to spend on Ryu instead of invest in Cole, but you know they'll hang out in the periphery just in case the asking price works in a range they're comfortable with.

The Angels have the clear advantage geographically, with his family history and the sheer fact that they're desperate. They're more likely to over spend than the Dodgers or Padres.

I sincerely believe he will be an Angel. The last free agent I felt this confident in the team signing was CJ Wilson.

Almost exactly every word of this.

I actually won a free round of golf on a bet with my brother that CJ would sign with the Angels. 

6 minutes ago, Taylor said:

@Tank, when is your scheduled lunch with Gerrit?

I can only speak in general terms so that I don't get harassed by people or have my favorite vegan restaurant cased by the paparazzi.

two weeks is the best I can say for the time being.

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

If he doesn't sign with the Angels the level of butt hurt here is going to be through the roof

I will very disappointed, but I will not boo him when he comes to Anaheim nor refuse to speak his name, like those extremely-butt-hurt Mariners fans did/do with Ohtani.