• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Gerrit Cole (Please sign with the Angels) Thread

Chuck

22 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Lol I was reading an Astros forum and they have this in their head that if we are paying this much for Cole and Trout we will never be a threat to them in the division.

God their fans are delusional. 

It's funny because their payroll is higher than ours even if we added Cole and Wheeler.

I wonder what the fallout will be when current or former Astros players have to talk about the sign stealing issue. Right now, it’s the offseason, so they can keep their mouths shut. But let’s say when Cole signs with someone. Isn’t someone sure to ask him about this whole cheating thing? What’s he going to say? “Yeah, I didn't like it but what was I supposed to do?” “Yeah, we did it. I’m sorry now.”

I guess it’ll partially depend on whether anything official has come out from MLB; how much is confirmed. Otherwise, it might be just a no comment. 

5 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

I wonder what the fallout will be when current or former Astros players have to talk about the sign stealing issue. Right now, it’s the offseason, so they can keep their mouths shut. But let’s say when Cole signs with someone. Isn’t someone sure to ask him about this whole cheating thing? What’s he going to say? “Yeah, I didn't like it but what was I supposed to do?” “Yeah, we did it. I’m sorry now.”

I guess it’ll partially depend on whether anything official has come out from MLB; how much is confirmed. Otherwise, it might be just a no comment. 

Lol why would Cole comment on the Astros 

On 11/1/2019 at 12:15 PM, tdawg87 said:

I think if we want any legit, cost-controlled starters the conversation starts and ends with Adell/Marsh. Guys like Jones, Thaiss, Ward etc... don't hold a ton of value. And lower level guys like Yan aren't likely to be seen as good chips yet. 

I know it's not all about rankings, but in general it's a good place to start. Pitching costs a premium so I'd expect any team willing to part with it to ask for our top 2-3 guys. A trade for Thor for example, would likely cost our top 3 and maybe even top 4. That just fucks our system right in the ass.

Just spend the damn money, Arte. 

With the Angels' no intent on signing Calhoun, Adell is untouchable at this point. 

4 hours ago, CanadianHalo said:

I was hoping for Gerrit but at this point I’ll settle with Garret 

Garret Cole and Mickey Calloway seen having dinner in Newport Beach with a third gentleman who was mostly busy eating a quinoa salad with tofu and downing a mountain dew.  He was wearing a shirt that said 'vote for stickboy' and humming the theme from iron eagle.   https://ift.tt/2Ow4DRH  #angels

6 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Garret Cole and Mickey Calloway seen having dinner in Newport Beach with a third gentleman who was mostly busy eating a quinoa salad with tofu and downing a mountain dew.  He was wearing a shirt that said 'vote for stickboy' and humming the theme from iron eagle.   https://ift.tt/2Ow4DRH  #angels

5 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Lou?

Lou is an Inland Empire guy.

9 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Tank hard at work