• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Gerrit Cole (Please sign with the Angels) Thread

Chuck

11 minutes ago, TBailey said:

I have a theory on Eppler’s comments and Arte’s “All In” mentality:

WHAT IF, Arte and Eppler know they are getting Cole? Eppler stated we have room to add multiple players with $20+ mil a year contracts, due to the fact that Cozart is gone.

So they are now getting Cole, and are trying to Add Rendon/Donaldson and potentially Madbum/Price/Ryu etc. 

Basically, Cole gave them some type of acknowledgment that he’s ready for Anaheim. It then allowed the Angels to make that trade involving Cozart and our first round pick with confidence. 

They now have more flexibility PLUS Arte’s “All In” mentality to pursue the other top tier free agents. This is my hopeful Halo attitude speaking. 

I wonder if their meeting with Boras today included that. Maybe Boras told Eppler "he wants to come to Anaheim, but wants Rendon or someone to do so as well". Thus making Eppler say "What if I cleared Cozart's salary and went heavy after Rendon and/or Ryu/Price". Boras then said "Let's see it". 

2 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I wonder if their meeting with Boras today included that. Maybe Boras told Eppler "he wants to come to Anaheim, but wants Rendon or someone to do so as well". Thus making Eppler say "What if I cleared Cozart's salary and went heavy after Rendon and/or Ryu/Price". Boras then said "Let's see it". 

That’d be cool. Kawhi style. 

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ive assumed them to be the biggest competition all along. Sadly.

Still kind of iffy on them, though. Id like to think with bellingers pending deal they arent big on a big contract, but thats just wishful thinking.

I seem to recall reading during the WS that Cole didn’t like hitting. But I might be imagining that. 

3 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

I seem to recall reading during the WS that Cole didn’t like hitting. But I might be imagining that. 

And that was WITH a trashcan.

As a dodger, how do you separate trash can banging noise from trash 'cans banging, making noise in the crowd?  

Edited by ten ocho recon scout