• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Gerrit Cole (Please sign with the Angels) Thread

Chuck

2 hours ago, krAbs said:

@Tank, how'd the meeting go?

the quinoa was excellent. highly recommend it to everyone. 

our server was beatrice, a wonderful young lady full of life and joy. highly encourage you to sit in her section.

the mountain dew flowed freely and really helped keep the evening loose and productive.

no other news to report . . .  yet.

11 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Garret Cole and Mickey Calloway seen having dinner in Newport Beach with a third gentleman who was mostly busy eating a quinoa salad with tofu and downing a mountain dew.  He was wearing a shirt that said 'vote for stickboy' and humming the theme from iron eagle.   https://ift.tt/2Ow4DRH  #angels

i love this. 

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Gerrit Cole's first game for the Angels against his former team on national tv. 

The best part is, the fans will boo him every pitch... which means their batters wont hear the fake armpit fart signal from the dugout that the next pitch is a slider.

Edge Lowell.

15 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Garret Cole and Mickey Calloway seen having dinner in Newport Beach with a third gentleman who was mostly busy eating a quinoa salad with tofu and downing a mountain dew.  He was wearing a shirt that said 'vote for stickboy' and humming the theme from iron eagle.   https://ift.tt/2Ow4DRH  #angels

Tank should have brought Victor's mom along to seal the deal.

4 minutes ago, Second Base said:

It was hard to believe myself, but after mulling it over for a couple of hours, it started to make more sense. There's a very real limit to how much they're willing to spend, and unless Eppler pulls off a trade for someone good, without giving up our best prospects, then the only avenue to improvement is via free agency or building from within.

The Angels have been in on many free agents this winter and last and have unfortunately come to short each time. I think Eppler knows what Arte is willing to spend and hasn't already himself to negotiate beyond that point. So guys like Corbin, Grandal, Moustakas, Keuchel and Happ, are receiving dollar amounts that Billy deems unwise.

I think Billy is going to be very careful about who he invested in, and how much. They'll bid on Cole and make a competitive offer, but unless something changes, the Angels will finish second or third. The real annoying part of that happens will be the way the media sounds it. Like he was the perfect fit and the Angels blew it, which may it may but be true.

Just my guess at this point, but I'm thinking it'll be Wheeler, Hamels and Gomes at catcher, and that payroll will hardly go up at all. They might get Pineda too.

I’d sign Cole only rather than those three, personally. 

Ok let me back track. I think I misspoke because I just reread it. In order to sign Gerrit Cole RIGHT NOW, it would require paying him more than they're paying Trout and that's just not a direction the team is willing to go.

So maybe the Angels will be the high bidder, but right now they aren't going to meet the skiing price.

15 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Ok let me back track. I think I misspoke because I just reread it. In order to sign Gerrit Cole RIGHT NOW, it would require paying him more than they're paying Trout and that's just not a direction the team is willing to go.

So maybe the Angels will be the high bidder, but right now they aren't going to meet the skiing price.

Aav or total money? Because if Boras thinks anyone is paying Cole 430+, he’s having a laugh. Either way, I doubt that what he’s asking for is what he gets unless some idiot drives the bidding up. 

Otoh, if the Angels say no one can have a higher aav than Trout, period, that’s idiotic. Trout has a 12 year contract. Cole’s at most would be 8. At 2/3 the length for the best pitcher in baseball (arguably), I’m not entirely ruling out an aav over Trout’s, although I remain skeptical  he’s asking 37m(+) over 8 years, and I’m majorly skeptical than any team is going, “Yeah, we’re in the ballpark.”